• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My draft needs now…

Sub Zero

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It is not highly unlikely that we can draft a TE better than Hurst. I don't know where you are getting that.

Yes it is.. The disrespect for Hurst is funny when in his draft he would be seen as Mayers and Kincade equal…  Honestly Hurst would be TE 1 or 2 in this draft coming out of South Carolina…

Lets really look at reality.. Greg Olsen was a top 10 prospect at TE and didn’t produce his 1st few seasons.. And he was better then any TE coming out this season..

Again you’re not looking at the transitions aspect of this.. This isn’t RB or Wr .. TE for the most part take time get up to speed in the pro game..

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

That’s the problem again it highly unlikely you’re getting a TE better then Hurst will be for the next 2 years atleast.. Let’s not forget Hurst was a 1st round prospect as a TE and while this draft is deep at the position.. The position alone is a hard transition.. Even if you get Mayers or Kincade they probably won’t be better then Hurst for atleast 2 years..

But in two years when Hurst’s contract is up that TE will be ready for TE1 reps. This TE class is loaded with talent and deep. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Yes it is.. The disrespect for Hurst is funny when in his draft he would be seen as Mayers and Kincade equal…  Honestly Hurst would be TE 1 or 2 in this draft coming out of South Carolina…

Lets really look at reality.. Greg Olsen was a top 10 prospect at TE and didn’t produce his 1st few seasons.. And he was better then any TE coming out this season..

You're talking about Hurst in his prime being seen as Mayers, but Hurst is past his prime.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

But in two years when Hurst’s contract is up that TE will be ready for TE1 reps. This TE class is loaded with talent and deep. 

Okay but I don’t want to spend a top 50 pick on a player I got to wait 3 years for.. JMO.. I can get a similar prospect in the 4th or 5th round..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Not mention if Hurst, who will be 30 years old running around out there, is injured we have to rely on Ian Thomas for our rookie.

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Not mention if Hurst, who will be 30 years old running around out there, is injured we have to rely on Ian Thomas for our rookie.

30 isn’t old for a TE.. This isn’t RB again..

Olson played till 36..

Kelce is 33..

Kittles is 29.. 

Edited by Sub Zero

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OlseGr00.htm

Olson was a better prospect then any TE in this draft and didn’t start ramping up till season 3…

You do understand that Olsen was being used to block on that Bears team. I think you're not understanding what Olson was asked to do on that Bears team, so you have stats out of context.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

You do understand that Olsen was being used to block on that Bears team. I think you're not understanding what Olson was asked to do on that Bears team, so you have stats out of context.

You do realize that’s what most TE have to do when they brought in.. It’s rare they come in and be Kelce .. Kittles took 2 years so did Andrew’s and Godert.. What are you talking about…

Just now, Sub Zero said:

You do realize that’s what most TE have to do when they brought in.. It’s rare they come in and be Kelce .. Kittles took 2 years so did Andrew’s and Godert.. What are you talking about…

If you don't know what I'm talking about then this is going nowhere. I'll leave it here.