• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs red wings 7:30

Panthers Fan 69

Rangers on a decent run, they were 9 points behind Canes, then 7, now just 5. If they beat the Devils then they’re just 3 points behind. They would be tied with the Devils in wins and points, two teams nipping at our heels. I hate the Rags so mixed emotions lol.

We just need to win win win and keep both behind us or we could end up in 3rd place. Losing tonight would be moving in the wrong direction.

We got out hit by TB 28-14, heavy hits take a lot out of a player. This is where we’re really missing Svech!

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 2

26 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Correction, if Rags win they would be tied in points with the Devils but 1 win behind.

that's still objectively better for us winning the metro.  Rangers being within 3 points with a game in hand is better than the Devils being within 1 (given we lost).  We have ROW tiebreaker on NYR, but not currently on NJD. Us getting to 105 points and the Devs/Rangers both being at 100 would be better than us at 105 and NJD at 102. 2 teams at 5 points back with 7 to go for them and 8 for us, I like those odds.

• Pie 2

Take care of business and don't rely on or even look at the other teams' schedules.

The Wings are no pushover team, they always give the Canes fits.
Our remaining games are all winnable and would close the season on a tear. It's not hard to see Carolina winning each of the remaining games on the schedule:

Detroit, Montreal, NYI, Ottawa, Nashville, Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit and Florida.

Get to 115 (12 more points) points and the Metro is theirs.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Take care of business and don't rely on or even look at the other teams' schedules.

The Wings are no pushover team, they always give the Canes fits.
Our remaining games are all winnable and would close the season on a tear. It's not hard to see Carolina winning each of the remaining games on the schedule:

Detroit, Montreal, NYI, Ottawa, Nashville, Buffalo, Ottawa, Detroit and Florida.

Get to 115 (12 more points) points and the Metro is theirs.

Nashville, NYI, Buffalo, Ottawa, and Florida are all teams playing for a wild card. Gotta take them serious. Also with Raanta hopefully feeling better we gotta give Freddie some rest somewhere along this stretch. 

• Pie 2

Rooting for NJD to lose/that NYR/NJD is not some 'we're poverty' thing to me.  Maintaining the Metro championship when it's an enormous leg up in the first round when we're without objectively at the very least one of our top 5 players is just rooting for an objectively better situation.  It's not like rooting for NJD to fail requires all that much different attention or effort.  I'm rooting for the Canes to win the metro, and I'm surely thankful for any help where it's not all left up to them.  Opponents strength right now isn't super relevant to me, as sometimes it's easier for teams like Chicago to win one of 82 against NJD when they have literally zero to care about and NJD has all the pressure on.  I'm certainly rooting for the Canes to take care of business first and foremost.  I'm completely and totally fine with other teams stumbling too and the internet is literally the place to hash out the scenarios and paths so here I am.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hurricanes are ranked 15th in GF/GP, basically middle of the pack. Canes are 42-4-5 when scoring 3 goals or more. It’s not goalie play keeping us from winning more games, it’s putting pucks in the net. Score three or more for almost all of the remaining games demonstrates Canes have turned it around and have a real chance  of winning the Stanley Cup. Otherwise it’s gonna end early in the playoffs.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It’s almost like we needed a goal scorer at the TDL 🤔🤔🤦

lol I won’t argue with that. It’s like leadership was counting on Svech as that goal scorer, not even considering he or Aho or anyone else would have an injury. Absolutely no insurance added with a top scorer. I think they just didn’t want to pay the price.

• Pie 1