• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan orlovsky on AR post pro day

raleigh-panther

25 minutes ago, NAS said:

Everything you need to know about Anthony Richardson can be heard from Florida fans who do not love this guy.  He may be great in practice or underwear Olympics but he  doesn't know how to play the QB position when live bullets start flying.  If he struggled in college, what makes you think he can do it in the NFL. 

Maybe he can, but will take time AND the changes are not in his favor.  

I'm just gonna be completely honest. I don't care what these people

d82194585edc39e686df1a37385dcefa.jpg

think about literally anything. 😂

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Then we can agree to disagree because I think AR starts day 1.

We don't have a bad roster no need for him to sit. The guy is a grown man and physical freak. Put him out there and let him learn from day 1. The days of #1 pick QB's sitting are over.

You don't same to understand the value of being a #1 pick. You don't draft a player #1 and sit him for a few years especially when our backup is no threat himself.

I tend to agree.  You can start AR day 1 and just keep it fairly simple like we did with Darnold under Wilkes with a few more RPOs and QB runs mixed in there.  It shouldn't be a wide open playbook, but I think it can be successful.  

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Then we can agree to disagree because I think AR starts day 1.

We don't have a bad roster no need for him to sit. The guy is a grown man and physical freak. Put him out there and let him learn from day 1. The days of #1 pick QB's sitting are over.

You don't same to understand the value of being a #1 pick. You don't draft a player #1 and sit him for a few years especially when our backup is no threat himself.

Which is why AR isn't the pick at #1, because he's nowhere near ready to start in the NFL right now.

Your lack of understanding the NFL in some of these posts over the last week or so has been something else.

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Which is why AR isn't the pick at #1, because he's nowhere near ready to start in the NFL right now.

Your lack of understanding the NFL in some of these posts over the last week or so has been something else.

My lack of understanding is from us having 2 totally different opinions my guy.

Not everyone is going to agree with you bud. So we can agree to disagree.

• Pie 2

There's so much time between now and the draft, folks have deadlines and word counts to meet to get their checks. We're going to see sooo much speculation and 99% of it really is just that at this point.

The other 1% ... probably pure gold, but oh so much harder to smelt away from the impurities.

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I don't think the people down on Richardson have watched the 'film'.

Really?? Because the film says project QB .. What film are you watching..

Better yet don’t worry about I can already tell you might not know what actual film is..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Poo 2

37 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I don't think the people down on Richardson have watched the 'film'.

I did. I saw a young, raw qb put up good numbers against Utah. He then completed 40% of his passes against Kentucky and finished the year with 33.3% against his rival FSU. He then decided to sit out the bowl game. 33.3%. Pathetic. 

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

As a QB prospect he's the outstanding one in this Draft - his highlights tape is by far the best, and it's only 13 games or so. He has poor / lazy footwork, but that's fixable - I posted in the Pro Day thread about how it's mainly his short accuracy that drags his completion percentage down (well that and his awful receivers - @Varking how the hell does #1 Pearsall see the field at Florida?!).

The key for him will be his personality - I've no idea what it's like. He says he wants to be the best in interviews with the media, but you'd need to do a much deeper dive to convince me. I think the only way he busts is if he tries to coast on his talent and is happy with that initial pay cheque.

I think he's already made a wise decision leaving Florida after 1 year - he wasn't getting good coaching there and was surrounded by awful receiving talent. If he commits to improving his mechanics then he's going to be a terrifying prospect for (I sadly assume) AFC South teams twice every year for the next decade... but admittedly we said that about Newton, so who knows. 

Pearsall wasn’t even good enough to crack the top 2 at Arizona State yet had to come to Florida to be our 1. It’s embarrassing. We have some up and coming WRs but they won’t be ready for two years. Richardson was smart to leave. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Asked this in another thread.. 

Richardson was in Florida for 3 years .. Why didn’t he start sooner?? Who was holding that much talent on the sidelines??

Kyle Trask (2nd round pick / Bucs QB) when Richardson was a Freshman, then Emory Jones who I believe was the 'next in line' and a Redshirt Junior (albeit looking at his eligibility now he's a 6th year player next season thanks to COVID). Richardson ran him off in the Spring (transferred to Arizona St). 

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

I did. I saw a young, raw qb put up good numbers against Utah. He then completed 40% of his passes against Kentucky and finished the year with 33.3% against his rival FSU. He then decided to sit out the bowl game. 33.3%. Pathetic. 

Do you think that completion percentage tells the whole story?