• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaye's X-Factor: System Fit

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

The current staff is making the pick , though. If Reich fails, Fitterer is probably gone too. You want Tepper making the pick with the next potential coach in mind?

I'm certainly not the first to point it out in this thread, but it bears repeating.

The idea that the team should make a pick with someone other than the current coach and his system in mind is one of the single dumbest and most unrealistic things I've ever heard.

No team with even half a brain would pull a dumb stunt like that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm certainly not the first to point it out in this thread, but it bears repeating.

The idea that the team should make a pick with someone other than the current coach and his system in mind is one of the single dumbest and most unrealistic things I've ever heard.

No team with even half a brain would pull a dumb stunt like that.

Lol, I’m beginning to realize u have basic reading comprehension issues.

I can’t help u. Go off old Grinch. Lol. 

• Poo 3

1 hour ago, CashNewton22 said:

If the difference is minimal and they just say screw it let’s go with Stroud I’m more than cool with that (I’m actually ok with taking Bryce Stroud or AR at 1 tbh) however if one is a full tier below the other….and if it’s common knowledge within the front office that Bryce is a decent bit better than CJ I’m willing to bet anything that Tepper “influences” them to take Bryce or AR or whomever they deem to be the overall best. Just my read of it.

Kinda doubt any ody would put Stroud "a whole tier" below Young.

Either way though, Tepper's already handed down that Fitterer and Reich are the ones making the pick.

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From The Observer's latest mock (Link)

Even if you ignore the size narratives with Panthers head coach Frank Reich, Stroud is still the most logical fit for the play-caller.

Stroud’s ball placement, accuracy and consistency are phenomenal. Those traits will help Reich and offensive coordinator Thomas Brown, as they look to create an offense that relies heavily on spacing and yards-after-catch opportunities.

Alabama’s Bryce Young — who would also be a fantastic pick here — is probably the better prospect, but Stroud feels like the better team fit with this current staff. The Panthers traded all the way up to No. 1 to nail this pick, and Stroud fits like a glove.

Legendary hockey coach Herb Brooks was famously quoted as saying "I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right players" when picking the team to go against the Russians. Kaye applies a similar principle here talking about the Panthers.

System fit is definitely a consideration In the sense that Stroud would require the fewest adjustments to the system. And while I know Kaye technically refers to taking height out of the equation, you realistically can't. The truth is adjustments that might be necessary to compensate for Young won't be needed for Stroud.

I suppose you could somewhat say that takes height out of the equation because it's not a factor based in a fear of Young being fragile but on more practical terms.

The idea that a team should take the lesser talent is probably the single dumbest sports take of all time. Lmao

u will never hear anything this dumb ever by anyone with half brain.

• Poo 3

9 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Lol, I’m beginning to realize u have basic reading comprehension issues.

I can’t help u. Go off old Grinch. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

The idea that a team should take the lesser talent is probably the single dumbest sports take of all time. Lmao

u will never hear anything this dumb ever by anyone with half brain.

You have some issues with reality comprehension, dude.

Reich and Fitterer are making the pick. They're not going to take a player they don't feel will fit their system, nor should they.

And to be clear, no one has suggested that Young doesn't fit, just that Stroud fits better. But you're apparently so frightened of Young not being the guy that you're making absolutely ridiculous / borderline laughable statements.

Quick Hint: No argument made in this forum has any effect on the pick being made. No one in the team offices is reading this board for guidance.

They'll make the pick without your help.

1 minute ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

You must enjoy insulting and saying Scot is more or less dumb don't you. 

If u r a real profile, u should know that Scot has been disrespecting me awhile now w/o any provocation from me.

he was even called out by some ppl here but he never apologized.

I confronted him & he decided to double down with the disrespect (even today) so from this point on, I have zero respect for him.

I want all of his smoke, until he decides to respect me & behave like the adult he claims to be. 

• Poo 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You have some issues with reality comprehension, dude.

Reich and Fitterer are making the pick. They're not going to take a player they don't feel will fit their system, nor should they.

And to be clear, no one has suggested that Young doesn't fit, just that Stroud fits better. But you're apparently so frightened of Young not being the guy that you're making absolutely ridiculous / borderline laughable statements.

Quick Hint: No argument made in this forum has any effect on the pick being made. No one in the team offices is reading this board for guidance.

They'll make the pick without your help.

U have mastered the art of projecting I see. Lmao. 

• Poo 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wish the ignore feature also worked when people quote said ignored person

Understood.

There's actually a half decent discussion to be had here on this topic but a couple of our resident Bryce Young fans have slewed things in the wrong direction. Sorry about that.

Mike Kaye really did throw some good insights into his mock draft. He and Ellis Williams have been killing it.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood.

There's actually a half decent discussion to be had here on this topic but a couple of our resident Bryce Young fans have slewed things in the wrong direction. Sorry about that.

Mike Kaye really did throw some good insights into his mock draft. He and Ellis Williams have been killing it.

Yeah. I would say you also have to consider things like there is a different #1 QB almost every year, different MVP (usually QB) every year, and they have a different team and at least some different coaches every year. So who's the "best" and what at and why is fluid