• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton: Panthers leaning toward Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im afraid some people are just choosing Stroud because of the height factor myself included.

But if you ignore the size you can honestly say Bryce Young is simply the best QB in this draft. His film backs it up.

Like I said im honestly fine with either of the 3 QB's Young/Stroud/AR. But if you told me who is the best of the bunch right now im choosing Bryce Young.

I think people are forgetting that the odds that both these guys are going to be good is very low.  Much more likely, one will be good and the other bust.      Take who think the better QB is.  The vast majority say Young is the better QB.

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im afraid some people are just choosing Stroud because of the height factor myself included.

But if you ignore the size you can honestly say Bryce Young is simply the best QB in this draft. His film backs it up.

Like I said im honestly fine with either of the 3 QB's Young/Stroud/AR. But if you told me who is the best of the bunch right now im choosing Bryce Young.

If you ignore his size and arm strength he probably is the best QB in the draft. But that’s not really how it works in real life though. Stroud is widely considered the best pure passer in the draft, so it comes down to your preference in what you are looking for. I think they are very close, so I’ll side on the one I think is the better overall passer and the one better suited to win from the pocket. But I understand people enamored with Young’s skill set as well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Martin said:

If you ignore his size and arm strength he probably is the best QB in the draft. But that’s not really how it works in real life though. Stroud is widely considered the best pure passer in the draft, so it comes down to your preference in what you are looking for. I think they are very close, so I’ll side on the one I think is the better overall passer and the one better suited to win from the pocket. But I understand people enamored with Young’s skill set as well.

It's 2023.

The game is no longer just playing from the pocket. You have to be able to move and throw out of the pocket. Bryce Young is better overall if you value all aspects of passing. His running ability is just a cherry on top.

I like Stroud as well, but I get the feeling based on rumors and how Young has been linked to us the most he will be the pick.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's 2023.

The game is no longer just playing from the pocket. You have to be able to move and throw out of the pocket. Bryce Young is better overall if you value all aspects of passing. His running ability is just a cherry on top.

I like Stroud as well, but I get the feeling based on rumors and how Young has been linked to us the most he will be the pick.

I’m totally cool to disagree, I like most of the debate as different perspectives are good. Reading your statement it seem to infer that Stroud can’t move and throw out if the pocket. And I think that is one the big differences is between us. I believe he can. I also believe that the majority of plays are still made from the pocket. I believe Stroud is the better passer. I also don’t believe Young can run around in the NFL as he did in college. But if you do, I totally understand why you prefer him.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I’m totally cool to disagree, I like most of the debate as different perspectives are good. Reading your statement it seem to infer that Stroud can’t move and throw out if the pocket. And I think that is one the big differences is between us. I believe he can. I also believe that the majority of plays are still made from the pocket. I believe Stroud is the better passer. I also don’t believe Young can run around in the NFL as he did in college. But if you do, I totally understand why you prefer him.

I can say the same about Young.

You don't think Young can throw in the pocket like Stroud?

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's 2023.

I mean Stafford just won it all the year before last and Brady before that. Pocket passers aren’t extinct, especially when they can move around in the pocket to avoid pressure.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean Stafford just won it all the year before last and Brady before that. Pocket passers aren’t extinct, especially when they can move around in the pocket to avoid pressure.

Stafford was on a loaded roster. It's a reason why they were heavy favorites to win the SB.

Stafford in Detroit wasn't winning anything.

Brady has no comparison he's the GOAT for a reason.

Look at the elite QB's they all can run and throw.

I have been thinking about Youngs ceiling a lot, what it is and how long will take him to reach it. One thing i ponder is, IF Stroud and Richardson for example fix their flaws and reach their potential like everybody thinks in the next couple years is Bryce Young still a better QB? What does he have within him that he hasnt unlocked already?  

Remember it only took one off season for guys like lamar Jackson,  jalen hurts, Josh allen to take a jump and it was a Big one. If you project that on to Stroud and AR MAYBE levis.....i think they catch bryce then leave him behind. Maybe that's what the staff is thinking if they really are considering somebody like Richardson.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

All opinions and hearsay with no evidence Young will be our pick. Nobody will know until draft day. 

Those aren't predictions of who the #1 pick will be, they are who THEY would choose as the #1 pick.  Many of them predict Stroud to go #1, saying we'll take the second best QB, cause he's taller.