• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Red Wings 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

I am going to the game.... my last tickets for the year. Again, glad I did not purchase playoff tickets and I'm almost sorry I've already purchased next season's tickets.

Oh well. Maybe I'll win the Harley-Davidson tonight and it won't be a complete loss. Since I no longer ride, my plan is to auction it off for one of my favorite charities, keep a few bucks for myself to pay the taxes and whatever else and be done with it.

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Any word on KK? He definitely tweaked something. 

He’s listed in the lineup on the NHL ap Canes starting lineup posted by Walt Ruff this morning, so likely. Sometimes the listed lineups change nearer the start time so can’t say for sure.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

As he should be but he also needs to look in the mirror. Was it in the post game show or a clip online?

The post game clip posted online Rod was not happy and obviously frustrated with Canes play other than the penalty kill which was excellent against a team with a strong PP.

Totally agree with Rod needs to look in the mirror. Strategy and lineups should be adjusted based on the team you play, not just “play our game”.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I am going to the game.... my last tickets for the year. Again, glad I did not purchase playoff tickets and I'm almost sorry I've already purchased next season's tickets.

Oh well. Maybe I'll win the Harley-Davidson tonight and it won't be a complete loss. Since I no longer ride, my plan is to auction it off for one of my favorite charities, keep a few bucks for myself to pay the taxes and whatever else and be done with it.

I’m going to and not the least bit excited about it. 

• Beer 1

I know it's been tough these last couple weeks since Svech went out, have to hope they can turn it around. Turbo needs to find his hands quickly. Pooly is 6'4....just lay someone out!!! Someone show some juice out there...JUST FREAKING SCORE! 

LETS GO CANES!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Also to continue my thoughts from the other thread.

I’d really like to see these -

TT - Aho - Pool

Necas - KK - Marty

Stasny - Staal - Fasty

Jarvis - Drury - Noesen

Or 

Drury - Aho - Noesen

Necas - KK - Jarvis

TT - Staal - Fasty

Marty - S/S - Pool

Honestly, I think it’s ridiculous we waited this long this season to give drury a shot. The kid has fit right in, he plays fast and physical, he plays well in the scheme. Without svech for the rest of this season and probably the first half of next I could really see him stepping into Svech’s roll. He’s 2 inches shorter but weigh’s in the same as svech according to wiki. Don’t relegate him to line 4 get him up their winging for the top 3. Prep him to wing where svech would until he returns, then transfer him to a more elite L4 center when svech is back. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Drury is fast and skilled but not close to Svech in size and experience. On the canes roster Drury listed as 5-11 174lb, Svech 6-2 195 lb. Svech is a heavy hitter, he and Drury have different roles.

Huh. They are both listed as 185 on wiki, I assume the canes figure is more accurate. If Drury could bulk back up to that I don’t think he’d have an issue being a power forward. If you watch his play since he’s gotten back he’s physical. Experience I will give you though. 

• Pie 2