• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Stats are life bro. His numbers don't match all the hype.

Sorry, they don't. If you guys could change them for Brycee I'm sure you would. I see the love but he's just not all that. He's average everything.

Stats are life bro. Says the guy who wants to draft AR based on projection. Hey check out these college stat killers! How did they do in the NFL?

3A22FBD5-F31F-4A64-B2D1-ACF48589CC2B.png

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I’m sorry he had 3000 more passing yards. 8400 to Murray’s 5400. So what 55% more and over 30 more passing TDs. Again they are 2 different style of QBs.

I'm talking about as a starter, he couldn't match Kyler as a starter. Kyler only started one year. Those stats were better than Bryce too.

Just now, rippadonn said:

I'm talking about as a starter, he couldn't match Kyler as a starter. Kyler only started one year. Those stats were better than Bryce too.

Looks like he got plenty of playing time at A&M. Is it Young’s fault Murray couldn’t hold off the competition? Stats are life bro, who cares about the situation?

25 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's all Bryce has, if they shut that down he's done for, can't run away, can't run over anybody.

He can easily be made one dimensional in the NFL and he doesn't have the legs or power to get yards like Kyler, or Levis or AR when the pass is shut down. Those guys can still get yards going north to south, not the Baker Mayfield sideline scramble that develops nothing.

He's a weak choice. Literally.

Most of the best qbs in the league have been "one dimensional".  Was Brady one dimensional?  What about Manning?  Rodgers?  Mahomes?  They dont rush for the most part either, they are good at feeling pressure and moving around in the pocket.  The same as Young.   Young is faster than Mahomes i would bet.  There is a huge difference in using your legs to run and using your legs to extend plays.  Most of the best are clearly in the second categories.   Young is definitely elusive enough and can feel pressure well enough to extend plays.

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Stats are life bro. Says the guy who wants to draft AR based on projection. Hey check out these college stat killers! How did they do in the NFL?

3A22FBD5-F31F-4A64-B2D1-ACF48589CC2B.png

You are speaking of how prolific he is how hes the best this and that, at seeing and hearing and smelling the field.

If he's all that why isn't he an all time great college passer, he's not, yet you defend his passing like it's other worldly.

He's average with a lot of hype. See who his sports agency is, probably the best.

Nobody said AR was the best anything, we've said he has the highest upside even over your mighty mouse.

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Most of the best qbs in the league have been "one dimensional".  Was Brady one dimensional?  What about Manning?  Rodgers?  Mahomes?  They dont rush for the most part either, they are good at feeling pressure and moving around in the pocket.  The same as Young.   Young is faster than Mahomes i would bet.

Yet if Brady was in this draft he would be totally ignored by the puppy eyed Youngsters.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

You are speaking of how prolific he is how hes the best this and that, at seeing and hearing and smelling the field.

If he's all that why isn't he an all time great college passer, he's not, yet you defend his passing like it's other worldly.

He's average with a lot of hype. See who his sports agency is, probably the best.

Nobody said AR was the best anything, we've said he has the highest upside even over your mighty mouse.

Upside? I heard stats are life bro. Who cares about upside?

Edited by ForJimmy

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Looks like he got plenty of playing time at A&M. Is it Young’s fault Murray couldn’t hold off the competition? Stats are life bro, who cares about the situation?

Lots of Bryce excuses. I hear more excuses for this little guy than aaaaaaaanybody, everrrrrr.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Lots of Bryce excuses. I hear more excuses for this little guy than aaaaaaaanybody, everrrrrr.

You are super dramatic lmao.

I don't think anybody who's been going back and forth with you the past couple of pages has made any blatant excuses outside of pushing back on some of the things you've been saying. 

• Pie 1

Just now, BlackPanther22 said:

I don't think anybody who's been going back and forth with you the past couple of pages has made any blatant excuses outside of pushing back on some of the things you've been saying. 

They downplay better players. Someone needs to say something.

Bryce isn't the best at anything.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

They downplay better players. Someone needs to say something.

Bryce isn't the best at anything.

Processing, playmaking, throwing with anticipation. All traits I'd say he's the best at in this class. 

You can disagree and that's fine but just going around and reading scouting reports on him, those are things he consistently gets higher marks on than his peers in this class. 

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Where are Bryce's stats? Not blowing anybody out past or present.

Bryce has already reached his ceiling. AR hasn't.

It's funny to me that ceiling is always aligned with physical traits. AR obviously hasn't reached his ceiling, I agree with that and he can get better for sure but so much of excelling in the NFL is about the mental stuff. Which again is something AR can probably do too but we've seen the big strong guys with amazing physical traits flame out before because they couldn't catch up to the speed and mental side of the game. 

Bryce's might not have the highest physical ceiling but as he continues to develop, his ability to process and dissect defenses will grow and allow him to become an even better player. Because you can big as big or throw the ball for as far as you want but if you don't ever catch up on the mental side of the game it won't matter. 

Plus, the kid is 21, I believe he'll be able to put on a little bit more mass in a NFL conditioning program as he grows into his adult body. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Processing, playmaking, throwing with anticipation. All traits I'd say he's the best at in this class. 

You can disagree and that's fine but just going around and reading scouting reports on him, those are things he consistently gets higher marks on than his peers in this class. 

It's funny to me that ceiling is always aligned with physical traits. AR obviously hasn't reached his ceiling, I agree with that and he can get better for sure but so much of excelling in the NFL is about the mental stuff. Which again is something AR can probably do too but we've seen the big strong guys with amazing physical traits flame out before because they couldn't catch up to the speed and mental side of the game. 

Bryce's might not have the highest physical ceiling but as he continues to develop, his ability to process and dissect defenses will grow and allow him to become an even better player. Because you can big as big or throw the ball for as far as you want but if you don't ever catch up on the mental side of the game it won't matter. 

Plus, the kid is 21, I believe he'll be able to put on a little bit more mass in a NFL conditioning program as he grows into his adult body. 

By ceiling I mean exactly what your talking about with Bryce, that seeing and processing and buying time isn't something you can improve on in a ceiling changing way, you can get more accurate, you can get stronger but again THOSE aren't the traits you guys are highlighting as it pertains to Young. 

AR with Reichs help CAN become more accurate and with Reich and co. help can be the best rushing QB in the league, following blocks and getting down safely. Is that a part of Bryce's game that can be "grown" to raise his ceiling?!...

cbs lol GIF by HULU

No.

17 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

It was Carson Strong spamming last year until he went undrafted. Then it was Corral was Rodgers 2.0 until he got injured in preseason. Before that it was Kyle Trask, so yeah it’s a thing. Now it’s anyone but Young for whatever reason.

• Beer 1