• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are in the “everyone is lying” zone of pre-draft

Doc Holiday

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

the problem is that this last week before the draft, especially in the last couple days leading up to it, this is when the truths start to slip out as well. 

easiest thing to do is just assume that everyone is lying, but right now it's about a 50/50 chance that what you are hearing is true. 

I hear ya, but I’m also convinced the stuff surrounding Levis and Stroud is teams lying, talking Levis up and Stroud down.

52 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I hear ya, but I’m also convinced the stuff surrounding Levis and Stroud is teams lying, talking Levis up and Stroud down.

agreed with Levis. that's just straight BS, though i really do also believe that he will be a colt. i've thought that all along.

the stuff with Stroud, i think that's a mixed bag. i've heard little whispers here and there about different concerns with him, but i was overlooking all of it because i really liked him as a prospect, and i still do. 

but i think the concerns over the S2 score just made everyone kind of tap the brakes on him and relook at it all. i have heard that some were just not much sold on him at all (which some haven't been really sold on any in this QB class). but when you consider the issues/reports that leadership/team mentality didn't come easily or naturally to him plus the question of whether or not he was the product of a really good system that was stacked on the OL and at WR plus the usual bag of being a OSU QB (usually don't transition well into the pros), and then comes this S2 stuff...i don't know. i could see him go at #2 or slide down to ATL or even to 12 for the texans to come back around and pick up (unless they don't like him because of his agent and he falls further). 

The one thing I feel like it's always necessary to point out at this time of year is that technically not everybody is lying all the time.

A mixture of lies and truth is much harder to decode than a constant stream of lies.

Edited by Mr. Scot

52 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed with Levis. that's just straight BS, though i really do also believe that he will be a colt. i've thought that all along.

the stuff with Stroud, i think that's a mixed bag. i've heard little whispers here and there about different concerns with him, but i was overlooking all of it because i really liked him as a prospect, and i still do. 

but i think the concerns over the S2 score just made everyone kind of tap the brakes on him and relook at it all. i have heard that some were just not much sold on him at all (which some haven't been really sold on any in this QB class). but when you consider the issues/reports that leadership/team mentality didn't come easily or naturally to him plus the question of whether or not he was the product of a really good system that was stacked on the OL and at WR plus the usual bag of being a OSU QB (usually don't transition well into the pros), and then comes this S2 stuff...i don't know. i could see him go at #2 or slide down to ATL or even to 12 for the texans to come back around and pick up (unless they don't like him because of his agent and he falls further). 

This seems to happen every year with a QB.  Last year it happened with the entire class.

Honestly, I can't even interpret what it means given the track records of teams drafting QBs.  For example, two years ago Fields skied down the slope of the first round due to growing concerns, to the point he was drafted as the fourth QB taken. 

Now Fields has not shown anything to indicate that he is the second coming of Patrick Mahomes.  But, if you were to buy the Jets and Niners a few beers, do you think they might wish they had taken him and bucked the free fall instead of their respective choices?  At least the jury is still out on Fields and asking for lunch.  From all indications they returned their verdict on Wilson and Lance prior to breakfast wearing off.

Then, I suppose we have to differentiate between lying, stupidity, and plain bad judgement.

• Pie 1

Here's an interesting one...

PFN's latest set of rumors includes speculation that a surprise team might trade all the way up to #2 and take CJ Stroud.

Who, you ask? Well let's just say that part of the deal would include the team in question sending the Texans a quarterback who was taken 15th overall in the draft just two years ago 🤔

Full disclosure though, the source of the rumor is a user on Reddit 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot