• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Goalie Acquired, Canes sign Yaniv Perets.

panthers81

Excited to see what this kid can do at the next level! D1 hockey is a far cry from the professional ranks but....throw something at the wall and see if it sticks! I like it. Rod connection paying off 😆

Quinnipiac University goaltender Yaniv Perets is heading to the NHL.

Perets, a sophomore, has signed a contract with the Carolina Hurricanes.

He signed a two-year entry-level contract, which comes with a pay of  $775,000 at the NHL level in 2023-24 and 2024-25, and he will receive $82,500 at the American Hockey League (AHL) level for both seasons, according to a news release from the Hurricanes. Perets will receive a signing bonus of $60,000.

"Yaniv was a crucial part of Quinnipiac's run to the national championship this season, and he has been an elite goaltender for his entire collegiate career," Don Waddell, president and general manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, said in a news release. "He is a proven winner, and we look forward to seeing him develop in the crease."

The native of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec, Canada, just helped Quinnipiac win its first national hockey championship in program history.

Quinnipiac said Perets is one of the most decorated goalies that coach Rand Pecknold has had in his 29 years at the helm.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/quinnipiacs-yaniv-perets-signs-contract-with-carolina-hurricanes/3011984/

• Pie 2

I believe...and someone can correct me if I'm incorrect but if a player is draft eligible and they aren't drafted say last year they're an UFA and can choose to sign a deal if offered one. 

I know a certain number of college players are eligible for one reason or the other. Rumer has it Rod's son will sign with the canes when he becomes eligible in August. 

Maybe someone else can chime in. 

Edited by panthers81
  • Pie 2

Yeah RBA's son was drafted by the Oilers in 2017 and he becomes a FA this fall. 

I am sure he has a pretty strong work ethic, but I don't believe a lot of NHL teams will be trying to sign him.  He will need a good amount of time in the AHL and projects at best as a 3rd line player.

• Pie 1