• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

I'm at work, so can't really look it up, but what if we lose in OT and Joisey wins, and we're tied? Who did what during the season?

Regulation wins (RW) is 1st tie breaker. Second is ROW (regulation and OT wins); and third is total wins (RW, ROW and shootout).

• Pie 1

Just to show exactly what the Canes are facing in the Panthers, I’ve pasted the below from the Canes nhl ap (Walt Ruffs “Puck Drop” write up). The way both teams have been playing there’s no doubt the Canes are the underdogs. On paper the Canes lose. I believe the Canes will rise to the occassion and win, but this will be a real battle, make no mistake.

7BA88E00-CEAB-43A3-B6DD-28AD5408E9F7.jpeg.e44b8ed931782f9eb8a5e8af9d569769.jpeg

• Beer 1

Devils have more regulation wins so they have that tiebreaker given we get a point and they tie us with 2.

this scenario helps us regardless. we're in either way. we may get a more favorable opponent round 1 but avoiding the rangers for 4-7 games means we either see them or someone who beat them.  it's time to see what our ceiling really is. getting a playoff-like road game (with a possible first round opponent) to decide the division but not to keep us out of the playoffs is a much more perfect scenario than anything being handed to us at this point. 

Go prove it. Given our injury such and whatnot this is what I'll say for Rod.  When it comes do or die time, this team has come up with results much more often than not. LFG Canes. Hang a metro banner tonite and we'll see how the rest shakes out later.

• Pie 2

Canes need to open up Lyon’s net early to take away some of that confidence he’s been building this past month. 

Freddie tends to give up early goals and then tighten up, so Canes need to score first and often. If Freddie holds em off first period that would be a good sign.

Balls to the wall first period please gents.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m other news, I’m assuming the canes flew in last night. Is the arena going to be an issue with this storm? They flying out of Boca or Miami maybe tonight?

Hurricanes flight was diverted to Miami last night, Ft. Lauderdale airport was closed due to torrential rains. Canes already at arena for morning skate. Sunrise FL light rain stopped now all is good to go.

• Pie 2