• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Whole "SEC" Argument is So Badly Flawed

tukafan21

19 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I really hate when people say things like, "well he didn't get hurt in the SEC where he's playing against NFL sized and caliber players every week"

It's just nonsense that doesn't hold up to even the slightest digging into the facts…

It is such a flawed argument that Thomas Davis, you know, someone who actually played professional football instead of some armchair expert uses it.

“So, I’m partial to SEC guys. I got to watch Bryce Young play a lot, and he’s a guy that played against NFL competition almost every week. When you think about the number of guys that are drafted out of the SEC, and that go on to have really good, successful careers — I think Bryce Young, he’s going to be more suited, ready and molded to be prepared to play on Day 1.”

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

It is such a flawed argument that Thomas Davis, you know, someone who actually played professional football instead of some armchair expert uses it.

“So, I’m partial to SEC guys. I got to watch Bryce Young play a lot, and he’s a guy that played against NFL competition almost every week. When you think about the number of guys that are drafted out of the SEC, and that go on to have really good, successful careers — I think Bryce Young, he’s going to be more suited, ready and molded to be prepared to play on Day 1.”

It is extremely flawed, despite what Thomas Davis says. Any SEC team would be destroyed by the worst team in the NFL. If you argue otherwise I don’t know what to say.

Joe Theismann was 6'  and 190. ( many say he was never 6' in cleats ) .

When Joe played the defenses were allowed to crush the QB and any other players. Yes, he had a career ending injury after 11 years in  the NFL , being an MVP, winning a Super Bowl. 

Yes, there have been many smaller type QB's that have very successful careers at the highest level.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1