• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Visits Other Than QB

chknwing

On 4/22/2023 at 2:54 PM, chknwing said:

mock based purely  off of visits

1.Bryce Young QB Alabama

39.B.J. Ojulari DE LSU

93.Zach Evans RB Ole Miss

114. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss

132. Charles Jones WR Purdue

145. Chandler Zavala OG NC State

I decided to play your game and do a mock based entirely off of visits.

1.  Bryce Young        QB      Alabama

39. Julius Brents       CB       KS    (I think we trade back slightly instead of picking him at 39, which means we can get the next guy somewhere in the 80's)

93. Derick Hall          OLB       Auburn

114. Nick Saldiveri      G      Old Dominion

132. Charlie Jones     WR      Purdue

145. Bumper Pool      ILB         Arkansas  (I've been told he won't last to UDFA)

On 4/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

Charlie Jones seems pretty legit, would love to draft him in the 3rd or so.

He really seems to be flying under the radar.  

Interesting note--the 4 highest volume receivers in CFB in 2022 are 4 guys available in this draft:

Tank Dell, Charlie Jones, Rashee Rice, & Xavier Hutchinson.  

I think Jones & Xavier are being mega overlooked in a pretty bad receiving class.  I trust the mid-tier more than Johnston, Hyatt and some.  Rice had early hype that fizzled, and I see as a guy who could very well be there at 93-114.  Same with Hutchinson & Charlie Jones.  I think that's the sweet spot.  We shore up CB and/or elsewhere before.    

42 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He really seems to be flying under the radar.  

Interesting note--the 4 highest volume receivers in CFB in 2022 are 4 guys available in this draft:

Tank Dell, Charlie Jones, Rashee Rice, & Xavier Hutchinson.  

I think Jones & Xavier are being mega overlooked in a pretty bad receiving class.  I trust the mid-tier more than Johnston, Hyatt and some.  Rice had early hype that fizzled, and I see as a guy who could very well be there at 93-114.  Same with Hutchinson & Charlie Jones.  I think that's the sweet spot.  We shore up CB and/or elsewhere before.    

I think one of the biggest knocks against Jones is that he's going to be a 25 year old rookie this year. That's generally when the best Receivers break out, not when they are just starting. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up because the guy can run some routes and has some hands. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think one of the biggest knocks against Jones is that he's going to be a 25 year old rookie this year. That's generally when the best Receivers break out, not when they are just starting. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up because the guy can run some routes and has some hands. 

Yeah, I mean he could fit RIGHT into a slot role pretty much immediately for a team in need.  If he has no issue with absorbing a playbook and fitting into a locker room, I can see him having an instant impact in a place like Seattle or Buffalo who have that need.  And we kind of do as well.