• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

At this point the AR thing isn't going to happen. Most likely before the trade. I still think they love the potential and there's a lot to be excited about...in fact he may be the reason they put all that work into building the offensive staff they did, but it was still going to take a lot of work and time to get him there and Young just flat out required less work. Young is going to give them about a 2 year head start on being a legit threat in the league.

I agree. I'm still trying to figure out what a good comp for BY's ceiling is going to be. 

Tepper is becoming another Jerry Jones. Everything he has wanted he has gotten and has failed. From Matt Rhule and holding him to long to Same Darnold to Baker. Everything he has wanted has been trash. Let the coaches who have played the position and GM figure things out. Ultimately the coaches should have the say so and leave it to them

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Tepper is becoming another Jerry Jones. Everything he has wanted he has gotten and has failed. From Matt Rhule and holding him to long to Same Darnold to Baker. Everything he has wanted has been trash. Let the coaches who have played the position and GM figure things out. Ultimately the coaches should have the say so and leave it to them

He did and they are.

Just because they are drafting the QB the you don’t want.  Doesn’t mean it’s automatically Tepper overruling the staff.

I know for Fact that our GM is much higher on said QB than Tep ever was.

Edited by ncfan

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Burrow is like 6'3" 220 and tore his ACL his rookie year because of an incompetent OL. Cam Newton was built like a tank and had his career shorted by injuries due to overuse between running and passing, amongst other factors. Any player in the league can suffer a gnarly injury on any snap, it's just the nature of the sport. Where I'm going here is I wonder if frame is as much of an indication on injury risk/longevity as opposed to play style and supporting cast. I swear it feels like Drew Brees never missed one game in his two decade stint with New Orleans. 

Thats why you get a pocket passer. Tom Brady didnt get hurt often. Neither did Peyton. Get someone that can deliver the ball accurately and see the field. Get Stroud

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I get that Tepper probably hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt on here and to a lot of Panthers fans but I’ve been optimistic about him growing and learning from his mistakes. He messed up with Rhule and course corrected with the great staff we have now. 

Also I’m not sure why y’all don’t think Frank and Fitt won’t have final say on the pick when they’ve told us that a million times in the past few weeks.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I get that Tepper probably hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt on here and to a lot of Panthers fans but I’ve been optimistic about him growing and learning from his mistakes. He messed up with Rhule and course corrected with the great staff we have now. 

Also I’m not sure why y’all don’t think Frank and Fitt won’t have final say on the pick when they’ve told us that a million times in the past few weeks.

Because who signs Fitt and Franks checks. 

Just now, ncsfinest21 said:

I dont think so man. I feel this is a tepper move. Tepper loved some Bryce but McCown and Reich like Stroud. 

Tepper loved Levis too apparently.  But McCown and Reich like Bryce too.

heck I think it’s pretty know that Reich even likes Richardson over Stroud at this point.  Some of you guys fall in love over a 2 min YouTube video way to easily.

Just now, ncfan said:

heck I think it’s pretty know that Reich even likes Richardson over Stroud at this point.  Some of you guys fall in love over a 2 min YouTube video way to easily.

Na bro. Ive watched Stroud alot. His footwork and accuracy is lethal. The way he held it down in the GA game without Harrison half the game showed he is ready. He has always been very smooth with his passes and has a great arm. I dont want no magician in the backfield. Magic tricks get found out but you cant stop a accurate pass.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Tepper also loved Fields and we passed on him. He isn’t that type of owner.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tepper also loved Fields and we passed on him. He isn’t that type of owner.

Is he really. Do you not look back on what has been done. Rhule, Darnold, Baker just to name a few. He is a great guy from what I know but as long as he has been here, he hasnt produced.  This is probably why he had a half stake of the steelers.