• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riddle me this?

Gerry Green

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Go big or go home.

why? i thought the goal was to score more points, not have the biggest average player size. i’d much rather have a little guy who can hit receivers than a big guy who can’t.

all of your arguments are based on being a big tough guy, and not about actually playing football.

Edited by Mother Grabber
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

why? i thought the goal was to score more points, not have the biggest average player size. i’d much rather have a little guy who can hit receivers than a big guy who can’t.

mall of your arguments are based on being a big tough guy, and not about actually playing football.

No. For what you're talking about CJ would be better IMO.

Now if we're taking a chance, swinging for the fences AR. Not the mouse who's ceiling is a doll house.

9 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

If Bryce Young is this super computer on legs. What with his processing power, and ability to read Defenses. Then why is it that CJ can get the ball out on time, and on target in around 2.5 second. Whereas Bryce has to run around like a chicken with its head cut off to make a play?

If Bryce is so good at reading and processing? Why can't he get the ball out on target, and on time?

Give me the guy who can get the ball out while still standing. Over the guy who has to run around to find a lane.

Maybe that's why Bryce's numbers against pressure look so good. Because he leaves the pocket and runs around. KInda skews those numbers just a bit don'tcha think?

Look, Bryce may be exciting to watch. But let's not kid ourselves here. By the time that second contract is coming up. Stroud will still be getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds. Whereas Bryce just may be on crutches. Or worse. 

Tell me you haven't scouted Young, without saying that you haven't scouted young. 

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, he generally doesn't have those types of problems. Do you see any problems with Young throwing from the pocket, or into tight windows listed on any credible scouting report (if any at all)? And, for all the talk of those games that you mentioned, it's not like they were examples of why NOT to draft Young. If anything, they showed his versatility, escape-ability and ability to get the ball to receivers even though the pocket broke down. Hell, those sacks or near-sacks were jailbreaks due to the breakdown of the O-line. Moreover, the Bama receivers left a few balls on the turf. Anyone who actually watches his play during those games would know without a doubt that he actually can and does throw from the pocket, even under pressure, and he can throw into tight windows like the best of them when it's necessary. Was Young perfect? No. He threw a couple of questionable throws while pressured, and he sailed three or four over the receivers'heads, but I have yet to see the perfect QB, especially when being pressured. And, at the end of the day, these were arguably good games to actually observe Young's extraordinary skill set 

No, in those games it often showcased a lack of escapability where he got rundown by linebackers and at least one defensive tackle. He displayed a lack of being able to run away from NFL speed folks. Did you watch the video in question?

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

No, in those games it often showcased a lack of escapability where he got rundown by linebackers and at least one defensive tackle. He displayed a lack of being able to run away from NFL speed folks. Did you watch the video in question?

I watched every play. If you're trying to suggest to me that those weren't jailbreaks, we're just going to disagree. No QB was getting away from the DTs or the LBs. To try and downgrade him for those plays are somewhat disingenuous. But like you said, "Whatever." 

Edited by top dawg

40 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I watched every play. If you're trying to suggest to me that those weren't jailbreaks, we're just going to disagree. No QB was getting away from the DTs or the LBs. To try and downgrade him for those plays are somewhat disingenuous. But like you said, "Whatever." 

I’m definitely suggesting that not all of those were jailbreaks. And for sure I can think of QBs who could get away from those. 

Im not downplaying the kid. I have concerns about his athletic ability when it comes to the NFL that showed up on his film. It would have felt better if he didn’t duck the combine. Instead it took what I saw when I watched him play and made it feel more real.