• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Islanders game 5 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Well let’s take this series in front of the Islanders fans then. I don’t think Islanders can beat the Canes two games in a row.

I will say Islanders played a much more disciplined game and cut out some of the thuggery to stay out of the net.

Yep, they used our own tactic against us. Freddie better be up to par though. I expect nothing less than a shutout Friday. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

ESPN commentary may be the most biased commentary of any sport I have ever watched. I have Bally but wanted to see what ESPN was saying, boy what a horrible crew. I hope they are wearing their Islanders gear, fugging putrid.

Welcome to nationalized playoff hockey. 

• Pie 1

The islanders used our game against us. Slavin was the one who gave up the first goal. Goal 2 was on Raanta, he was preoccupied by cramps/seizing, that I put on rod. You can’t put a 5 in a row 30 year old goalie in during practice if you are going to play him that night. The rest of the night until joker scored we were just spinning around like chickens with our head cut off. I place this squarely on rod.

Just now, Harbingers said:

The islanders used our game against us. Slavin was the one who gave up the first goal. Goal 2 was on Raanta, he was preoccupied by cramps/seizing, that I put on rod. You can’t put a 5 in a row 30 year old goalie in during practice if you are going to play him that night. The rest of the night until joker scored we were just spinning around like chickens with our head cut off. I place this squarely on rod.

That first goal was  on Burns.  Not even close. He turned it over. 

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Canes did actually play their best game. Three plays killed us. Burns necas and rannta. Raanta needed to save 1 of those.  This was burns worst game all year. 

Disagree, on the first it was Slavin not being Slavin as much as I don’t like how burns slow rolled it. Slavin clear should have been at least icing, not off the boards back to their shooter. Necas fugged up, but burns was coming from the far side, Raanta should have done better there, he didn’t even see it. 

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Ago just said in the interview “the guy probably was aiming for my face”. I wondered the same thing, how could you miss the net that wide and that high?

The dude was totally aiming for his face, what’s the one goon thing you can do when everything else is taken away? I expect a hat from Aho Friday. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2