• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer's Annual Mock

Mr. Scot

The 33rd Team's mock by Rick Spielman and Mike Tannenbaum...

Oddly enough, the top four quarterbacks end up in the same places Breer put them, with one slight adjustment. They have Hendon Hooker going ahead of Richardson (#18 to the Lions)

Meanwhile Ben Albright mirrors Tony Pauline.

Some consensus type things going on here 😳

Also, this from Albright on the Cardinals...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

I would be a bit surprised at Richardson to the Bucs. There's a fair amount of talk about how Mayfield will be just fine with the wrs they have, or that Trask should have a fair shot of being the starter. I think tackle might be more of need for them. There could be a deal with White asking for a trade recently.

6 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

I would be a bit surprised at Richardson to the Bucs. There's a fair amount of talk about how Mayfield will be just fine with the wrs they have...

Technically, that's one of the arguments for taking a guy who might not be ready for a year or so.

8 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I mean I guess it's possible Huston trades down. I have heard rumors floated that everyone wants to trade down but I've not heard any about another team wanting to trade up.

It'd be interesting to know if a team ever wanted to trade down so much that they had to sweeten offers (not sure what that would look like) to entice teams to trade up...maybe it's never happened before. 

And finally, Daniel Jeremiah...

DJ is one of the few guys I've seen in the last 24 hours to have more than two quarterbacks in the top ten. Besides Young at #1, he's got Stroud second to the Texans and Levis going to the Colts with the fourth spot.

What he does share with the others though is a belief that Richardson drops out of the top half of the round. He has him being picked 20th overall by Seattle.

2 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

It is. I don't disagree on that. I would more say, at least what I've been reading on JoeBucsFan, is a little bit of let's give Trask a try or was that just wasted pick.

Is Mayfield there on more than a one year deal (don't remember)?

Either way, apparently the reason why Richardson is falling Is that personnel guys are having a hard time figuring out where he fits.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is Mayfield there on more than a one year deal (don't remember)?

Either way, apparently the reason why Richardson is falling Is that personnel guys are having a hard time figuring out where he fits.

I'm pretty certain it's a 1 year deal. I'm delighted at seeing a division rival flop, but the combo of Mayfield and Trask might be bad enough to get them to the top of the draft or near enough. Robinson has been linked to them, and I think they would take him if he was there, but I don't know how they can't go online otherwise. That unit was not good last year with age and injury. Pass rush is just as big a need. They have none.