• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've adopted a newborn kitten

LinvilleGorge

10 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

If nothing else call animal control  or better yet your local humane society.  Dont let her starve.  Our first cat was a pregnant female who was slowly starving to death - found her eating bread a pizza crusts I was feeding my chickens.  took her to the Humane Society, got her kittens aborted, her spayed  and we adopted her.  She lived in a little heated box I fixed up in my shop for her for a few years till she was finally brave enough to come live in the house.  Ended up spending several thousand dollars to try to get her well when she contracted cancer from a bad Fort Dodge rabies vaccine.

She was worth it and we still miss her.

Lots of old people in my neighborhood that have "outside" cats. I don't think she's a stray just likes to roam

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

LG - is that a snowshoe siamese ?  I had one that adopted me  and I had him for 18 years - he was my buddy and was very vocal.  Currently I have two orange tabby's.

0421181609a.jpg

He's a ditch kitty. His mom is jet black. His dad looks just like him. He very rarely utters a peep. Our orange tabby is a month younger and is very vocal. They're both big cats. The white one is 10 months and the orange one is 9 months. White one is 12 pounds and the orange one is 13 pounds.

• Beer 1

• 2 months later...

So, this ditch kitty is completely obsessed with running water. Turn on a sink anywhere in the house and he'll come running even if he was fast asleep to try to drink the running water and slap at it. He will try to get into the shower with you. He is also all about climbing into your chest when you're lying in bed and laying all up in your face. Orange kitty wants to snuggle up beside you, ditch kitty wants to lay on you and all up in your face.

• Pie 1