• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why cant Fox be like this?

carolinanimal

Then again, Fox hasn't lost 4 games in a row either.

BTW, Tomlin also stated that he was about to unleash hell in December...that was right before he lost to the Raiders. Words are meaningless without actions backing them up.

Pretty much. You say you'll do something and then not do it, you'll only get bashed even more for saying it.

I don't buy anything a Coach says publicly. Look at Tomlin, yeah he says things fans love. And Fox says nothing. But Somehow here we are again in a bad year riding the playoff elimination line. So Fox must say the the right things Tuesday thru Saturday. To the people that matter...the players.

The reason why i posted this was more about his philosophy on things. He makes changes when things arent happening. he expects his team to perform. no excuses. his fanbase feels that and i bet the team feels that too.

He has recently won a superbowl, he could sit back on his laurels and say " hey what ive done is good enough, its worked before why not agian." But he doesnt. he challenges his guys to get better and looks for different ways to win. this qoute says it all:

"Nothing stays the same in this game," Tomlin said. "Players are ascending, players are descending. People catch up with schemes, schemes evolve. Playing and coaching, this thing is ever-changing"

That is my problem with fox. His stubborness and his unwillingness to change. Every commentator and fan knows of fox stubborness. He keeps the same game plan. if it works once it will always work, until he is ablsolutely forced to change it. his conservative nature combined with his loyalty does not make for a good combination.

his philosophy is outdated. the nfl is starting to pull away from that philosophy of run the ball and play defense. dont get me wrong, these things are still important but they cant be the only things anymore. combine that with the apprehension to draft ANY qb of value and you have the product today: a mediocre team , never horrible, but never elite.

he lacks the killer instict the edge of the top coaches. not going into a season saying at least lets try to win 3 out 4 each quarter.

P.S

What is the crap about not announcing starters! what kind of advantage does that give? What are teams that scared of delhomme??? is there any other coach that does this?

The reason why i posted this was more about his philosophy on things. He makes changes when things arent happening. he expects his team to perform. no excuses. his fanbase feels that and i bet the team feels that too.

He has recently won a superbowl, he could sit back on his laurels and say " hey what ive done is good enough, its worked before why not agian." But he doesnt. he challenges his guys to get better and looks for different ways to win. this qoute says it all:

"Nothing stays the same in this game," Tomlin said. "Players are ascending, players are descending. People catch up with schemes, schemes evolve. Playing and coaching, this thing is ever-changing"

That is my problem with fox. His stubborness and his unwillingness to change. Every commentator and fan knows of fox stubborness. He keeps the same game plan. if it works once it will always work, until he is ablsolutely forced to change it. his conservative nature combined with his loyalty does not make for a good combination.

his philosophy is outdated. the nfl is starting to pull away from that philosophy of run the ball and play defense. dont get me wrong, these things are still important but they cant be the only things anymore. combine that with the apprehension to draft ANY qb of value and you have the product today: a mediocre team , never horrible, but never elite.

he lacks the killer instict the edge of the top coaches. not going into a season saying at least lets try to win 3 out 4 each quarter.

P.S

What is the crap about not announcing starters! what kind of advantage does that give? What are teams that scared of delhomme??? is there any other coach that does this?

Whats the disadvantage? It's not neccarily about one QB there worried about and one there not, but specifically there are different tendecies and habits each QB has, diffrent stengths an weaknesses. Coaches watch specific tape on the player to find these and gameplan around it. In theroy if you have two players who could play, it prevents you from being 100 percent set in one gameplan.

Of course this doesnt make or break an opposing defence, but coaches will do anything to get the slightest edge.

Archived