• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

45 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah kind of suspicious he hasn't sold the team yet.

If we hit on Miller or Scoot he may just keep his majority ownership stake.lol

Exactly!! Lol now he is having a meeting.... That man don't want to quit yet lol. He probably  sits in the bed at night thinking just that. Man, what if 1 of these dudes really hits.  Then you just saw Denver win it all and they are basically  a 2 star team with roll players. Heck, even Miami roster aint that great but they all buy in to good coaching.  Regardless,  we will be a better team post draft than before barring some weird mess. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah kind of suspicious he hasn't sold the team yet.

If we hit on Miller or Scoot he may just keep his majority ownership stake.lol

Exactly!! Lol now he is having a meeting.... That man don't want to quit yet lol. He probably  sits in the bed at night thinking just that. Man, what if 1 of these dudes really hits.  Then you just saw Denver win it all and they are basically  a 2 star team with roll players. Heck, even Miami roster aint that great but they all buy in to good coaching.  Regardless,  we will be a better team post draft than before barring some weird mess. 

Posted the other comment twice but I will say after watching Scoot highlights and workouts, I could see him in the Donovan Mitchell roll too. He has a very similar game coming in to me. Miller has Ingram written on him to me.  Why I'm not mad at either.  You got points about 1 or the other needing the keys but maybe they could make it work.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Draft Miller and sign a vet like Seth Curry for depth would be a nice start IMO.  If we draft Scoot we should look at trading Rozier, because Scoot, Rozier, and Melo is one too many PGs even if you play one at SG....

Absolutely need to shop Terry…plus add Dennis Smith and Bouknight to that depth.

Starting to agree that Miller will be the pick, fit is too good.  I think it will end up a mistake to pass on Scoot but we need wing scoring and Kup probably goes that way

I realize many are low on GG Jackson but I like his athleticism and potential personally.  Wouldn’t mind a move up with that second pick

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3

34 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Absolutely need to shop Terry…plus add Dennis Smith and Bouknight to that depth.

Starting to agree that Miller will be the pick, fit is too good.  I think it will end up a mistake to pass on Scoot but we need wing scoring and Kup probably goes that way

I realize many are low on GG Jackson but I like his athleticism and potential personally.  Wouldn’t mind a move up with that second pick

Shocker on the Miller bandwagon!

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Looking at the salaries the Hornets can open up serious cap room coming up.

Including Oubre like 50 mill after next season

Ball will be a max contact so he will eat a lot of that provided he stays but still we have flexibility for moves

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CHO.html

The ghost of Nic Batum(contract)has finally been set free!! Lol 

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Looking at the salaries the Hornets can open up serious cap room coming up.

Including Oubre like 50 mill after next season

Ball will be a max contact so he will eat a lot of that provided he stays but still we have flexibility for moves

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CHO.html

This is Charlotte at the end of the day. Don't expect any big time FA's to come here.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Seem gg going to that pick quite a lot recently in mocks, pretty good chance he falls into the late 20's. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Nobody has brought this up but is it possible they trade Melo to Portland and end up drafting Scoot/Miller at #2 and #3?

Hence why we meeting both players on the same day this Monday.

Just thinking outside the box lol.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody has brought this up but is it possible they trade Melo to Portland and end up drafting Scoot/Miller at #2 and #3?

Hence why we meeting both players on the same day this Monday.

Just thinking outside the box lol.

Bro... tell me why that crossed my mind lol but I'm gonna assume they gonna stick with Melo but man that'd be wild lol

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Bro... tell me why that crossed my mind lol but I'm gonna assume they gonna stick with Melo but man that'd be wild lol

Yeah I just thought about it when I saw the report.

MJ meeting with the 2 future stars of his franchise.lol

It's kind of realistic as well especially if they don't think Melo/Scoot can play together. Maybe we get something extra on top of the #3 pick you never know.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I just thought about it when I saw the report.

MJ meeting with the 2 future stars of his franchise.lol

It's kind of realistic as well especially if they don't think Melo/Scoot can play together. Maybe we get something extra on top of the #3 pick you never know.

Well I think Melo would be worth the 3 plus so that'd be the hope. I'm pretty sure that if we do pick Miller, it's a high chance that we still trade with Portland and The Pels in a 3 way  to where everyone gets satisfied.  Too many scenarios but I wouldn't be mad at a Scoot and Miller  future to be honest. It has nothing to do with how good Melo is... but the prospect of him leaving eventually  like most do.  I also could see a scenario where Melo has great success  with the roster too tho. Mitch just has to be a lil more aggressive  now. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1