• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Off-Season Thread

46 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Is it me or does it feel like extending Aho was probably the last move before TC?

no.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nhl/san-jose-sharks/erik-karlsson-trade-suitors-penguins/1643795/

Probably still looking to move Pesce and I'd think Tarasenko's open market value is a similar story to the Sharks overvaluing EK--if the agents and Sharks were gonna get their asking price it would have happened already.  We're just slow playing to not give up too much/pay too much, but also still willing to talk w teams regarding Pesce in the meantime.  Plenty time left.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

no.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nhl/san-jose-sharks/erik-karlsson-trade-suitors-penguins/1643795/

Probably still looking to move Pesce and I'd think Tarasenko's open market value is a similar story to the Sharks overvaluing EK--if the agents and Sharks were gonna get their asking price it would have happened already.  We're just slow playing to not give up too much/pay too much, but also still willing to talk w teams regarding Pesce in the meantime.  Plenty time left.

Mmm I’ve of the opinion if it was going to happen it would have already happened. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Mmm I’ve of the opinion if it was going to happen it would have already happened. 

i mean. VT isn't on a team. he will be on a team. the sharks could wait til trade deadline for EK but good luck to them if they do--he will be much cheaper then and we'll be just fine in the meantime

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, backINblack28 said:

the sharks could wait til trade deadline for EK but good luck to them if they do--he will be much cheaper then and we'll be just fine in the meantime

You're right, to a point. The downside for the Sharks is if nothing happens and EK plays the season in a Sharks sweater. They will end up retaining more of his $11.5M AAV the longer this goes on. And, let's not forget, EK is under contract thru the 2026-27 season.

Sure, the Sharks have over $5M in cap space, but if we're being honest, their roster is pretty weak. Although I'd take Oskar Lindblom and Anthony Duclair on the Canes any day, the fact is Tomas Hertl and Logan Couture aren't playing up to their salaries.

The Sharks need to move EK to clear more cap space and get some scoring up front- bottom line.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Happened sooner than expected but the early calls were right this time, As opposed to shayna’s Tarasenko to the Canes misfire weeks ago. “She’s reliable” as I remember reading here lol.

To be fair to Shayna it was reported that the Canes and Tarasenko’s agent agreed to a deal, they were literally waiting on the documents to be sent to the league office. Then Tank flipped out and fired his agent. No one saw that coming.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Maybe I’m the only one, but Im not waiting on a Pesce trade because I don’t want to see him traded. If it happens it happens but not something I want or think the Canes need to do. When Svech is healthy enough to play and with some of our guys already improving. along with Orlov and Bunting we’ve a solid cup contender.

• Pie 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

To be fair to Shayna it was reported that the Canes and Tarasenko’s agent agreed to a deal, they were literally waiting on the documents to be sent to the league office. Then Tank flipped out and fired his agent. No one saw that coming.

No. Shayna called it wrong period. No proof they were just waiting on docs to be sent. Tarasenko fired his agent many days after Shaynas post. 

4 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

No. Shayna called it wrong period. No proof they were just waiting on docs to be sent. Tarasenko fired his agent many days after Shaynas post. 

You’re wrong but you do you.

The NHL Network even stated that we had a press release ready to go.

Additionally, Shayna’s tweet was on the 4th of July, Tarasenko fired his agent on the 5th… not exactly many days.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 4