• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great Season Boys

Keep Fast, Puljujarvi, and Stepan or Pauly, but not both. Staal if he's going for a year to year deal and cheap enough. 

The rest of the FA can walk as far as I'm concerned. Go after a physical forward who will be able to be tough on the boards and will sell out to clear space. Get our top 4 D locked down long term.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Both of these guys will call their own shots and nobody will begrudge either of them. Staal is only 34, but he looks like a player considering retirement.

Ya think? He was the 4th overall pick in 2016 and has 7 years in the league playing like a 6th round pick.

Stastny is like Fast and Staal- he gets to make his own call. I think he may retire. Stepan will be replaced. Can't pay him any less and, believe it or not, he was making $7M+ just a few years ago.

Ghost will be back next year barring a stupid amount of money he asks for. Coghlan and DeHaan are replaceable. LaJoie has shown me little to be excited about. Rather underwhelming.

Fortunately, the 3 blue lines are signed, so adding depth isn't difficult.

Agree on everything but Fasty. We are going to have to overpay fast and we should begin bracing for it now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

50 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Keep Fast, Puljujarvi, and Stepan or Pauly, but not both. Staal if he's going for a year to year deal and cheap enough. 

The rest of the FA can walk as far as I'm concerned. Go after a physical forward who will be able to be tough on the boards and will sell out to clear space. Get our top 4 D locked down long term.

Puljujari?? WTF? Why?

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Puljujari?? WTF? Why?

I want to see him once he gets a full camp under his belt, it’s obvious he struggled understanding our system when being thrown into it, he had a really good year in Edmonton before this season so there is potential for him to be a solid 4th.

Unfortunately he’s RFA and I don’t think we should go out of our way to sign him but if nobody else does and we can bring him back on a bridge minimum deal I don’t think that’s a problem. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I want to see him once he gets a full camp under his belt, it’s obvious he struggled understanding our system when being thrown into it, he had a really good year in Edmonton before this season so there is potential for him to be a solid 4th.

Unfortunately he’s RFA and I don’t think we should go out of our way to sign him but if nobody else does and we can bring him back on a bridge minimum deal I don’t think that’s a problem. 

Dude, he is terrible. Literally.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Dude, he is terrible. Literally.

In 90% of todays hockey clubs yes he’s terrible. But I think given a fair shake he might be able to come out of a camp as a team player. He obviously to this point can’t grasp how we play, which is a hell of a lot different than how Edmonton plays. I think a camp in which he can reset his brain would elevate his game. He’s shown glimpses of it in Edmonton. He’s also shown he has the work ethic. Getting him on a minimum bridge contract in a new year and build on relationships with our players he might start producing and if he doesn’t he’s on a minimum bridge anyways. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

In 90% of todays hockey clubs yes he’s terrible. But I think given a fair shake he might be able to come out of a camp as a team player. He obviously to this point can’t grasp how we play, which is a hell of a lot different than how Edmonton plays. I think a camp in which he can reset his brain would elevate his game. He’s shown glimpses of it in Edmonton. He’s also shown he has the work ethic. Getting him on a minimum bridge contract in a new year and build on relationships with our players he might start producing and if he doesn’t he’s on a minimum bridge anyways. 

I mean, I am ready to move on from him. That was just a failed trade based on a flawed premise of him having chemistry with Aho due to prior experience.

I suspect we will move on from him.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, I am ready to move on from him. That was just a failed trade based on a flawed premise of him having chemistry with Aho due to prior experience.

I suspect we will move on from him.

I’m just playing devils advocate. I could seem some potential from him but I think end the end we won’t. 

That said we do need to find Aho a feed man though. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

When Svechnikov had surgery mid-march, it was estimated 6-9 months to heal. Taking the 9 month period,  Svech could be back early January, maybe sooner. Never know about these things though.

Not sure about the prospects of Pacioreti returning.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Agree on everything but Fasty. We are going to have to overpay fast and we should begin bracing for it now. 

Yeah I am kind of concerned about Fast.  He has really been great for us and I think he would be hard to replace.  I hope he likes Carolina enough to maybe take just a smidge less than the best offer he will get.

• Beer 1