• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: Young QB #1

Jmac

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

I guess this means he is taking the field as QB #1 against the Falcons.

How do u all feel about starting him the first game of the season or should they have eased him in.

If he has trouble would they yank him for Dalton and would that be the right thing to do for his confidence?

What u got?

No chance in hell they yank him. He should start. Cam started week 1. So did Peyton Manning and most other number 1’pick QBs.  Knowing the offense and playbook obviously won’t be a problem

There's nothing wrong with easing someone in to their new role. Some parents choose to start off with training wheels when riding a bike, some parent's go straight to the bike with no training wheels. Every kid has a different learning aptitude and potential. Some kids might need the training wheels, some kids might not. It's your job as a parent/coach to recognize the kind of help your kid needs and adjust accordingly. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

We all knew this was coming from everything we've been hearing about Young for months, and particularly the last month. 

Now, when the QB2 is announced later this year, it will be way more surprising to some than this. 

If Corral wins the backup job that'd be great, but also disappointing to pay Dalton $10M to be a third stringer. I will say I'm loving Corral's attitude so far this offseason, will be interesting to see how he does in camp/preseason.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

If Corral wins the backup job that'd be great, but also disappointing to pay Dalton $10M to be a third stringer. I will say I'm loving Corral's attitude so far this offseason, will be interesting to see how he does in camp/preseason.

Dalton was always an insurance policy and vet mentorship. For the future, Corral outright winning the backup job would absolutely be for the best.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Jmac said:

I guess this means he is taking the field as QB #1 against the Falcons.

How do u all feel about starting him the first game of the season or should they have eased him in.

If he has trouble would they yank him for Dalton and would that be the right thing to do for his confidence?

What u got?

Yes, start him in preseason and regular season.  Nope you don't yank him once you make him the starter you have to commit.  I'm not a fan of the instant gratification culture that's been built around QB development. You have to show some patience.

Peyton Manning struggled his first year and more recently even Trevor Lawrence looked like he might bust and then broke through in his second year. Look at these stats for Trevor Lawrence. .  Now I expect Bryce to put up better numbers because he's on a better team (more talent around him), and he has a much better coaching staff.  Look what Trevor Lawrence did after they got him a little more talent and a real coaching staff with Doug Pedersen.  

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating