• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Deangelo

4 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I think that could work. Play Tony when you need a goal, sit him when you’re ahead to keep it that way. But then who is out a whole game on the offensive line?

Pono. It better be Pono. Noesen should be 3 when Marty man isn’t up. Pono should be a 4C switch. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

Pesce or Skjei will be traded, TDA will be fit in to the top 6. Don't forget the Canes made a qualifying offer to retain Dylan Coghlan- he's the #7.

If Karlsson is indeed brought in, we have likely seen the last of both Skjei and Pesce.

Don’t think so. I think we are going Great Wall of Gondor on D. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Don’t think so. I think we are going Great Wall of Gondor on D. 

You don't think what, exactly?

The Canes will have to clear cap space to acquire Karlsson and the likely candidate to trade is Pesce, since it seems an extension is proving somewhat problematic. Then look at the right and left handers and tell me how you plan on pairing them up?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

You don't think what, exactly?

The Canes will have to clear cap space to acquire Karlsson and the likely candidate to trade is Pesce, since it seems an extension is proving somewhat problematic. Then look at the right and left handers and tell me how you plan on pairing them up?

That both will be traded. If we do we are looking at a very rocky 3rd D. I personally don’t think we are going to trade any of them. But that’s me. 

Edited by Harbingers

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That both will be traded. If we do we are looking at a very rocky 3rd D. I personally don’t think we are going to trade any of them. But that’s me. 

Well if we do pick up TDA and Karlsson both we could put them on the same shift any time we are way ahead and feeling sorry for the other team,  and provide them with a leaking like a sieve defensive duo lol.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

3rd D right now, based on who the team has as right and left-handers will be Orlov and Chatfield.

Slavin-Burns

Skjei-Pesce

Orlov- Chatfield

Coghlan

Bring in TDA (confirmed by Waddell) and you have another right handed blue-liner, making Pesce trade bait for a winger.

Bring in Karlsson (strong rumors) and you have yet another right handed blue-liner.

The only d-man the Canes have who has played on his off-side is Chatty, who is right-handed but has played left.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

3rd D right now, based on who the team has as right and left-handers will be Orlov and Chatfield.

Slavin-Burns

Skjei-Pesce

Orlov- Chatfield

Coghlan

Bring in TDA (confirmed by Waddell) and you have another right handed blue-liner, making Pesce trade bait for a winger.

Bring in Karlsson (strong rumors) and you have yet another right handed blue-liner.

The only d-man the Canes have who has played on his off-side is Chatty, who is right-handed but has played left.

What are we trying to do here make our defense worse? I don’t get it.

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Slavin-Burns

Skjei-Pesce

Orlov- Chatfield

Coghlan

No way they pay Orlov 7.75m to be third pair. No way

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Well if we do pick up TDA and Karlsson both we could put them on the same shift any time we are way ahead and feeling sorry for the other team,  and provide them with a leaking like a sieve defensive duo lol.

I'm not a fan of the Karlsson move, if it is indeed in the works. I'd rather keep Skjei, and if a deal can't get done to keep Pesce, he's a good trade option a lot of teams would want. Still need a winger.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

No way they pay Orlov 7.75m to be third pair. No way

That's what I think as well, but Skjei has a no trade clause and he's under contract. You gonna bump him down to the 3rd line after having a career year as a top 4? The Canes problem with defense right now is they don't think it's good enough.

My opinion is, if they're set on bringing back TDA, then let the Karlsson thing go. If a deal can't be done with Pesce, trade him and get a winger.

Slavin-Burns

Skjei/Orlov-Chatty

Orlov/Skjei-TDA

Coghlan

Which brings me to my next point- a winger.

I already listed Bunting some time back as a likely target, but let's look at a couple other possibilities:

Troy Terry (Ducks) UFA: 67 and 61 points the last 2 seasons, and he's only 25. Could fit under the cap with not too much effort and send the Ducks Pesce.

Alex DeBrincat (Sens) RFA: 187 G, 186 A (373 points) in 450 games during his 6 years in the league. Also only 25 years old. Would need Ottawa to retain some, give them Pesce and a prospect, I'm sure.

Viktor Arvidsson or Adrian Kempe (Kings): Will be a UFA after next season and the Kings have no defense and bad goalies. Offer up Pesce and I'll take the 45 points Viktor will put up or the 50 Kempe will get.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

10 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's what I think as well, but Skjei has a no trade clause and he's under contract. You gonna bump him down to the 3rd line after having a career year as a top 4? The Canes problem with defense right now is they don't think it's good enough.

My opinion is, if they're set on bringing back TDA, then let the Karlsson thing go. If a deal can't be done with Pesce, trade him and get a winger.

Slavin-Burns

Skjei/Orlov-Chatty

Orlov/Skjei-TDA

Coghlan

Which brings me to my next point- a winger.

I already listed Bunting some time back as a likely target, but let's look at a couple other possibilities:

Troy Terry (Ducks) UFA: 67 and 61 points the last 2 seasons, and he's only 25. Could fit under the cap with not too much effort and send the Ducks Pesce.

Alex DeBrincat (Sens) RFA: 187 G, 186 A (373 points) in 450 games during his 6 years in the league. Also only 25 years old. Would need Ottawa to retain some, give them Pesce and a prospect, I'm sure.

Viktor Arvidsson or Adrian Kempe (Kings): Will be a UFA after next season and the Kings have no defense and bad goalies. Offer up Pesce and I'll take the 45 points Viktor will put up or the 50 Kempe will get.

I think we are good. Bring Pono up until svech is back. Let bunting wing for Aho like he did for Matthews until svech is back and then drop him to 2 to allow him to become more of a threat than a feed man. 

If we need anything on offense it’s a young aggressive 4th liner to pair. I’m tired of this ‘ol man 4th line stuff we run. Marty should stay on 3 and Noesen should be QBing to youngin’s on 4. 

• Pie 1