• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte Hornets Summer League

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Miller has looked better than Wemby so far...

He’s also played four games to Wemby’s one and he hasn’t looked anything but average to below average.

I’m one of the few that wanted Miller but some of the concerns I had about him are already rearing their head.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

They just showed the top 5 scoring games in Summer League history and none of the 5 players were all stars. I think all of them were role players or journeymen.

Im not worried about Miller he will be fine when he plays with legit players who can actually play the game of basketball.

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s also played four games and he hasn’t looked anything but average to below average.

I’m one of the few that wanted Miller but some of the concerns I had about him are already rearing their head.

Oh yeah his shot creating ability is a concern for sure. Hopefully he develops that as he gets stronger and get more experience playing in the league. His shot making will help this team though even as a rookie. Melo will get him easier looks and his job will be much easier than it is now.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They just showed the top 5 scoring games in Summer League history and none of the 5 players were all stars. I think all of them were role players or journeymen.

Im not worried about Miller he will be fine when he plays with legit players who can actually play the game of basketball.

One thing the broadcast pointed out was that Steph and I believe they said KD, both struggled in their first taste of summer league action.

It’s difficult because us humans are impatient creatures but in reality nothing that anyone does this week will have any bearing on where they are five years from now.

I certainly wish Miller was dropping 20 point games on 50% shooting but he’s not a finished product.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

One thing the broadcast pointed out was that Steph and I believe they said KD, both struggled in their first taste of summer league action.

It’s difficult because us humans are impatient creatures but in reality nothing that anyone does this week will have any bearing on where they are five years from now.

I certainly wish Miller was dropping 20 point games on 50% shooting but he’s not a finished product.

Yeah im not even worried about Miller making shots. That will come.

His shot creation is his weakness right now. But even watching him with the ball you can see he can develop that over time. His handles looked way better than I thought. It's just a matter of him being more confident with his movement. He seems weaker in his lower body. He needs to build up his leg strength maybe that will help with his first step burst.

32 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s also played four games to Wemby’s one and he hasn’t looked anything but average to below average.

So far not impressed. Watched a bit of the Lakers game today and we look lethargic. Lakers got some easy transition baskets and dunks. We seemed to have no teamwork or grit. That's bad.  Can't be a finesse team that is sloppy. Or a bad shooting team that can't grind. Right now I see a sloppy, bad shooting team that doesn't hustle for rebounds or play defense very well. I know it's summer league.  I see the logo on the court but we are lacking point blank. This summer league is a showcase for our developing players and recent draft picks and I'm not impressed. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah im not even worried about Miller making shots. That will come.

His shot creation is his weakness right now. But even watching him with the ball you can see he can develop that over time. His handles looked way better than I thought. It's just a matter of him being more confident with his movement. He seems weaker in his lower body. He needs to build up his leg strength maybe that will help with his first step burst.

I'm worried enough for the both of us.   I do think Miller can develop but it really depends on him. The coaching staff is not going to make it happen. He will get the minutes and play with our starters and honestly they are gonna have to carry him for awhile.

Not gonna lie Wemby looks like a project. His conditioning is poor and he's getting bullied vs summer league kids.

Would not surprise me if the Spurs bring him along slowly as in redshirt him his rookie year. Get him to put on some weight and build his strength. He's literally gassed already.

• Poo 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not gonna lie Wemby looks like a project. His conditioning is poor and he's getting bullied vs summer league kids.

Would not surprise me if the Spurs bring him along slowly as in redshirt him his rookie year. Get him to put on some weight and build his strength. He's literally gassed already.

You talking bout Miller? All those fouls and poor conditioning. Sounds like we need to red shirt Miller but we can't and wont we went all in because of fit in starting lineup. We could have brought Scoot along slowly by having him run the second team at PG but nope we all in on Melo, Bridges and Miller being the stars.  We see how that works out.  

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You are the guy that wanted Miller over Scoot too, right? Great. 

• Pie 1