• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Meatball opens his mouth again

Mr. Scot

On 7/9/2023 at 2:58 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

He could have success at Nebraska. Being a college coach is just vastly different than being an NFL coach these days.  Steve Spurrier, Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, etc... excelled in college and failed in the pros.  Rhule is a salesman, and can sell himself to recruits.  That alone gives him a shot at being a winning coach in college.  But in the NFL, being a salesman doesn't matter so much.  

And I get that about him and his previous college success.  But good lord, the embarrassment cat's out of the bag and as long as he keeps running his mouth I don't see that cat getting back in the bag.  What recruit or family of a recruit is going to be sucked in after he has and continues to make a fool of himself.  If he had kept his mouth shut and bowed out gracefully maybe but he just keeps digging himself deeper.

I probably would have rooted for him in Nebraska if he had just left gracefully.