• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verizon is offering NFL Sunday Ticket for free

PanthersATL

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Good question.

you get all the Sunday games that are not offered locally at your official YouTube home address.  They're blacked out on the Ticket because you can watch them on local channels.

But if you're travelling -- then the games that would be blacked out would be the games airing in the local city you happen to be in.

So in theory -- if you live in Charlotte and only want to watch Panthers games, then Sunday Ticket would black out the Panthers games since they'd be available locally.  But if you travel to (let's say) the middle of South Dakota where the local broadcast features the Vikings, then the Vikings games would be blacked out and you (should) be able to watch the Panthers on Sunday Ticket.

At least, that's the way YouTube is saying it's supposed to work. Whether it ends up that way or not is something we'll find out in September

There may be rules regarding YouTube TV (or Sunday Ticket) access remotely over extended periods of time where devices need to be "reset" occasionally via streaming from the account holder's home address, but that shouldn't affect the majority of subscribers.

Got to thinking.  I'll have Y-tube with the Verizon Sunday Ticket package so I would get the local channels that way.

Does anyone have Verizon home internet as their provider? 

I'm in the PNW and have a bundle with local TV + internet from Xfinity. Might be worth the switch if prices and speeds are comparable. Am I understanding it correctly that a Verizon home internet plan would make me eligible for free Sunday Ticket?

10 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Does anyone have Verizon home internet as their provider? 

I'm in the PNW and have a bundle with local TV + internet from Xfinity. Might be worth the switch if prices and speeds are comparable. Am I understanding it correctly that a Verizon home internet plan would make me eligible for free Sunday Ticket?

Yes. . .I'm signing up tomorrow for the home Internet.  LTE 5G.  My son has it in his bundle at our house and it works great.  He's a gamer so speed is important to him and it works fine.  He's going to take it off his bundle and we're adding it to ours simply for the Sunday Ticket.

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I personally cant for the life of me understand why they havent figured out a way to have a specific team "season ticket".  I dont need every NFL game, just the ones for my team.  Until they figure that out Im not giving them money and Im gonna find "ulterior methods".

Money, and the NFL.  Apple lost the deal because they wanted to offer individual teams, but the nfl didn’t want that .

there is likely some analysis that shows that they get more subscriptions offering the full package bs the number of subs they’d have doing it in a more fan-of-one-team setup.