• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How are we not eliminated yet?

Happy Panther

we were eliminated by buffalo. hangers on just want to keep tweaking the numbers to give us mathematical chances so they have something to hang on to. in all honesty, we never had a shot since signing jake to an extension, and never will with him at the helm.

so the panthers need to win out, have dallas lose out, have the giants lose to another opponent besides us, have green bay fire mccarthy and forfeit their placing in the conference, have the entire minnesota vikings team die in a plane crash on the way to the stadium this week, have the NFL restructure the entire standings order and put 8-8 teams as the best seeds, build a time machine and kidnap Jake Delhomme from 2004 and bring him to 2009, transform our uniform material from a polyester/nylon/spandex combination to a high grade shape memory alloy metal that makes players bounce off our players when trying to tackle them, erase John Fox's memory after the 2002 season, and transfer Pete Carmichael Jr's offensive coaching savvy from his brain to Jeff Davidson's through the power of osmosis, assuming the coaching savvy is suspended in water.

and we may have a shot to make the playoffs.

We may still be mathematically alive, but so are Panda Bears. And we all know they won't make it.

And Pantherdude, last year San Diego made it in with a 8-8 record I believe. Of course, they also won their division with a 8-8 record.

Actually this isn't true. When you take into acct life expectancy and the lack of real data on how long they in fact live, we don't really know since they have been around since like chess and junk...

Fortunately they aren't free to roam the earth only to randomly die while kids are playing at the park or during a bbq on game day.

Imagine that will ya. There ya are with your homey's, talking shop and flipping angus beef when BAM...Panda Bear rolls up in the yard and looks around, acts like it's going to talk and THUD. Little Christina is shattered...but that's ok. The food is still hot and the beer is still cold. While you enjoy the game, the dog catcher has to figure out how to radio back to dispatch....

How can we even be in the Playoffs if we were to go 8-8? Have any teams in NFL ever been to the Playoffs at 8-8? I just can't see us going there, even if we go 8-8.

looks like 8 teams have made it at 8-8 and two of those won a game; the '04 Rams and the '04 Vikings. No 8-8 team went further than the divisional game

b/c if it is Carolina and Dallas and another team (3 way tie).......I think conference record determines who gets the spot first. Technically, Carolina could still win a 3 way tie breaker......not a head to head with Dallas.

I think that is right but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

You got it, in a 3 way tie, you eliminate all but 1 team in each division, NYG would knock out Dallas, then we would have to have beaten he Giants of course to even get into a tie, and we would win the heads up...

Archived