• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adding to the doom and gloom

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Yall do know that Vark is a Florida homer, right?

Every single one of these articles blasts the OL with the exception of lazy blurbs written from statline lurking.

Did you read them before sharing?

I am a Florida homer. Not sure what that has to do with this. 

The first article reads:

Bryce Young struggles in preseason debut as Panthers are shut down by Jets

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

First Article, only excerpt on BY

Bryce Young was 4-of-6 passing for 21 yards in his NFL preseason debut as the Carolina Panthers lost 27-0 to the New York Jets on Saturday.

The No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft played three series and the Panthers picked up just one first down with the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner under center against a Jets defense that rested its starters.

Young didn't get much help from his offensive line, as he was hit on three of his seven dropbacks, including a blindside shot to the center of his back from 293-pound defensive tackle Solomon Thomas on his first pass attempt. Young's lack of size was the biggest concern when he entered the league, but the 5-foot-10, 204-pound quarterback bounced back to his feet after the hit.

Second article, only excerpt about BY:
Young completed four of six passes for 21 yards in Saturday's 27-0 preseason loss to the Jets.

Young didn't show much in his NFL debut, but Matt Corral didn't fare any better over the remainder of the game upon replacing Young after three drives. The first overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft could see more extensive action in the team's second preseason game against the Giants, as Young and the rest of Carolina's new-look first-team offense try to gain confidence and chemistry ahead of the regular season.

Third article, only except about BY:
The Panthers' Bryce Young managed to survive a 4-of-6 passing day for 21 yards despite being under constant duress. That's a credit to the No. 1 pick out of Alabama, as he exhibited the quick processing and finely tuned internal clock not commonly seen in many of his peers. But while some bumps are to be expected from a new coaching staff and offense, every third down was essentially a death knell for this attack. Even though Young wasn't to blame, it's difficult to find any positive spin on what Carolina put out there.

Fourth article, nothing about BY specificaly performance wise.

The entire article is about our o-line.

Never change @Varking❤️

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

First Article, only excerpt on BY

Bryce Young was 4-of-6 passing for 21 yards in his NFL preseason debut as the Carolina Panthers lost 27-0 to the New York Jets on Saturday.

The No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft played three series and the Panthers picked up just one first down with the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner under center against a Jets defense that rested its starters.

Young didn't get much help from his offensive line, as he was hit on three of his seven dropbacks, including a blindside shot to the center of his back from 293-pound defensive tackle Solomon Thomas on his first pass attempt. Young's lack of size was the biggest concern when he entered the league, but the 5-foot-10, 204-pound quarterback bounced back to his feet after the hit.

Second article, only excerpt about BY:
Young completed four of six passes for 21 yards in Saturday's 27-0 preseason loss to the Jets.

Young didn't show much in his NFL debut, but Matt Corral didn't fare any better over the remainder of the game upon replacing Young after three drives. The first overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft could see more extensive action in the team's second preseason game against the Giants, as Young and the rest of Carolina's new-look first-team offense try to gain confidence and chemistry ahead of the regular season.

Third article, only except about BY:
The Panthers' Bryce Young managed to survive a 4-of-6 passing day for 21 yards despite being under constant duress. That's a credit to the No. 1 pick out of Alabama, as he exhibited the quick processing and finely tuned internal clock not commonly seen in many of his peers. But while some bumps are to be expected from a new coaching staff and offense, every third down was essentially a death knell for this attack. Even though Young wasn't to blame, it's difficult to find any positive spin on what Carolina put out there.

Fourth article, nothing about BY specificaly performance wise.

The entire article is about our o-line.

Never change @Varking❤️

Why leave off the attached part?

IMG_3752.png

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I got a lot of alerts for sites that write about football. I saw pings about Bryce having a disappointing debut on a chunk of them. I shared that here. Got told nobody could find one on Google at all so they asked for links. I’m at work so I took 10 seconds to google and copy paste some. That’s all I’m getting at. 

I mean the problem was I was giving you too much credit that you actually read the articles you're referencing.  None of those articles attribute fault to Young, quite the opposite (as realmjl posted).  You were clearly alluding to these "tons of articles" highlighting Young's disappointing debut as a knock against Young, so I was excluding articles like these that you linked to, which were complimentary of Young but referred to his debut as "disappointing" in the most surface-level sense.  Obviously a 21-yard performance and under constant duress is "disappointing" from a production standpoint.  The entire context around your post was about these rookie QBs looking "lost" and you throw Bryce in there amongst Richardson and Stroud despite even these articles you linked, talking about his poise and awareness and going through his progressions.  Quite the opposite of looking lost.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Why leave off the attached part?

IMG_3752.png

Just so you know clickbait titles do not count as news... i think this might be where you are getting things wrong. Definitely avoid those: 

Clickbait titles are attention-grabbers and keep people intrigued with curiosity. They are short, tempting readers to click on them. And in today's attention-starved online world that is full of competing content vying for our views, this is exactly what you need to stand out even if the information is inaccurate or unrelated to the content within the article. 

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Edited by TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean the problem was I was giving you too much credit that you actually read the articles you're referencing.  None of those articles attribute fault to Young, quite the opposite (as realmjl posted).  You were clearly alluding to these "tons of articles" highlighting Young's disappointing debut as a knock against Young, so I was excluding articles like these that you linked to, which were complimentary of Young but referred to his debut as "disappointing" in the most surface-level sense.  Obviously a 21-yard performance and under constant duress is "disappointing" from a production standpoint.  The entire context around your post was about these rookie QBs looking "lost" and you throw Bryce in there amongst Richardson and Stroud despite even these articles you linked, talking about his poise and awareness and going through his progressions.  Quite the opposite of looking lost.

I have literally written Bryce didn’t look overwhelmed to me. However that doesn’t need to be an all or nothing assessment. I can acknowledge he went through progressions at times, while also acknowledging he definitely didn’t feel pressure from the dline on at least one of the sacks, while acknowledging that it’s disappointing to me to not see any third down conversions, or any points. 

And these are things that will be cleaned up over time before the season starts, I believe. But it’s not like he came out and lit it up. He didn’t. And I said he didn’t light it up. At no point when watching this first action of him could I walk away feeling like this was some great performance. 

4 of 6 for like 20 yards passing to me is just meh. It’s not horrible, it’s not great. I was hoping to see more and I even said I was getting hyped before the game started after promising I wouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Just so you know clickbait titles do not count as news... i think this might be where you are getting things wrong. Definitely avoid those: 

Clickbait titles are attention-grabbers and keep people intrigued with curiosity. They are short, tempting readers to click on them. And in today's attention-starved online world that is full of competing content vying for our views, this is exactly what you need to stand out even if the information is inaccurate or unrelated to the content within the article. 

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture

They wrote the title, not me. I just linked what I said I would. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

They wrote the title, not me. I just linked what I said I would. 

but you fell for the title and ran with it as your argument in this thread. I am just calling you out on a pattern we see from you on a pretty consistent basis. 

I think the general tone of this thread toward you is for you to start reading this stuff before just saying to an audience that will put you on a poster. It's a dangerous game playing on fan forums. 

I mean this in a constructive way, not a destructive way.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

but you fell for the title and ran with it as your argument in this thread. I am just calling you out on a pattern we see from you on a pretty consistent basis. 

I think the general tone of this thread toward you is for you to start reading this stuff before just saying to an audience that will put you on a poster. It's a dangerous game playing on fan forums. 

I mean this in a constructive way, not a destructive way.

I’ve been around here plenty long and been just fine. Folks are just sensitive right now. 

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

I got alerts and saw some headlines so it must be true.

Presented without context:  Bryce Young, former heisman trophy winner and first overall pick in the 2023 NFL draft was terrible in his preseason debut.

I know you’re trying to be witty and throw shade but it’s literally in the title. They felt he had a disappointing debut. The headline was not false. 

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

He did have a disappointing debut

Which isn’t the end of the world. Things will get better from here. I trust the staff and this wasn’t the lines best performance. I’m confident things will be fine come the regular season start.