• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Grades From Lions v Panthers Preseason Week 3

Mr Mojo Risin

20 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Im still pulling really hard for Brandon Smith.. 

In my heart I want to believe that Henderson is that high 1st round talent... but my eyes show me something VERY different.. I want him to make the team still.. 

his heart and head are just not a fit for the nfl, dude panics at the first sign of trouble and he hasnt got any of that dog in him.  Cut this fool and move on

On 8/26/2023 at 8:52 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

And the prior two games he completed 68%. Now completion percentage is a Teddy Bridgewater stat, and doesn’t mean much to me, but it is indicative of a QB who, indeed IS putting the ball in “the same zip code as his receivers.”

Exactly. I feel like a lot of people hate Corral for some reason and exaggerate their opinions about him.  His PFF grade was a lot higher than Bryce's last week. Does that mean he did better than Bryce last week or is a better option? Of course not.  Preseason stats don't mean squat. Maybe we cut him and maybe we don't. I trust the coaches either way. And by the way, Bryce's PFF went up because the oline's went up. They give him barely adequate cover, and he will do just fine. 

59 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Exactly. I feel like a lot of people hate Corral for some reason and exaggerate their opinions about him.  His PFF grade was a lot higher than Bryce's last week. Does that mean he did better than Bryce last week or is a better option? Of course not.  Preseason stats don't mean squat. Maybe we cut him and maybe we don't. I trust the coaches either way. And by the way, Bryce's PFF went up because the oline's went up. They give him barely adequate cover, and he will do just fine. 

Bingo. And all this points to what’s reality: that this is a TEAM sport, no matter how hard we, as fans, try to evaluate players in a vacuum. 

We are literally a few years removed from the best QB in the league getting BLOWN OUT in the Super Bowl against the Bucs because even he couldn’t get it done without the help of his offensive line. 

And then there is bias: Young this preseason received the benefit of the doubt because his line wasn’t giving him time (which is true), but just a year ago, Corral was getting his helmet ripped off, and had no pocket, and this board was full of “Corral sucks” takes. 

If we don’t slow down to think things through, then our emotions will lead to wildly inconsistent and conflicting thoughts. 

• Pie 1