• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HEAVENS TO BETSY, LOOK AT THESE WIDE-OPEN RECEIVERS

Carl Spackler

On 9/10/2023 at 7:46 PM, Carl Spackler said:

I counted three (3) "missed" throws, one that could've gone for a TD, one that would've fallen short of the sticks on 3rd down, and one that would've gone for a 1st down.

Young started the game 12-18 (67%) for 91 yards, TD, INT, but finished it 8-20 (45%) for 55 yards and an INT. Some other things I noticed:

- quick screen to Shenault worked great. Was never run again
- Bryce's biggest mistake on his first pick was not taking the 8-yard completion to Mingo
- Needs to look Mingo's way more, the 3rd-and-8 pickup was a great play by QB and WR

Was at the game and saw Mingo break back in on a post that would have been a TD had Bryce made the throw instead of dumping off. Was in like second quarter. Had all the time in the world too. He's too calm in the pocket like 7-on-7. Didn't make any plays with his legs. Theilen was absent. There should have been more screens but this did look like the offense the last five years. Let me know when you've realized we're the new browns. 

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

No, it is not.

• Kerry Collins 1995 vs New York Jets: 14-26, 158 yards, 2 INT, 40.2 rating
  • Kerry Collins 1995 vs San Francisco: 12-29, 127 yards, INT, 40.4 rating
  • Chris Weinke 2001 vs New England: 15-36, 144 yards, 3 INT, 18.8 rating
  • Chris Weinke 2001 vs New York Jets: 12-34, 76 yards, INT, 31.7 rating
  • Chris Weinke 2001 vs Atlanta: 17-31, 171 yards, 2 INT, 43.9 rating
  • Randy Fasani 2002 at Atlanta: 6-18, 100 yards, INT, 29.9 rating
  • Randy Fasani 2002 vs Tampa Bay: 5-18, 46 yards, 3 INT, 0.0 rating
  • Jimmy Clausen 2010 vs New Orleans: 8-18, 47 yards, INT, 28.5 rating
  • Jimmy Clausen 2010 vs Chicago: 9-22, 61 yards, INT, 29.7 rating
  • Jimmy Clausen 2010 at Pittsburgh: 10-23, 72 yards, INT, 33.2 rating
  • Jimmy Clausen 2010 vs Tampa Bay: 7-13, 59 yards, INT, 33.8 rating
  • Cam Newton 2011 at Atlanta: 237 yards, 3 INT, 44.6 rating
  • Will Grier 2019 at Indy: 27-44, 224 yards, 3 INT, 46 rating
  • Will Grier 2019 vs New Orleans: 1-8, 4 yards, INT, 0.0 rating

Hy-per-bo-le.

Thank you for typing out a bunch of numbers that effectively prove my point that it ranks among those other terrible performances.... (48.8 passer rating)

4 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Thank you for typing out a bunch of numbers that effectively prove my point that it ranks among those other terrible performances.... (48.8 passer rating)

It actually proves the opposite. Your words were "one of the worst rookie performances ever," and I listed out a slew of performances that were much worse. You're welcome to keep going back and forth with me on this forever. You're gonna need to move the goalposts a bit, though.

14 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

It actually proves the opposite. Your words were "one of the worst rookie performances ever," and I listed out a slew of performances that were much worse. You're welcome to keep going back and forth with me on this forever. You're gonna need to move the goalposts a bit, though.

You posted a bunch of terrible rookie performances, and he had a performance that was nearly identical to several of them, and a passer rating that was right there in the shitter with the rest of them.

32 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

You posted a bunch of terrible rookie performances, and he had a performance that was nearly identical to several of them, and a passer rating that was right there in the shitter with the rest of them.

How can it be one of the worst you’ve ever seen if there’s at least 15 that are worse? That’s hyperbole.

in zero of those games listed did the rookie throw a TD pass. 

Edited by Carl Spackler

On 9/15/2023 at 7:11 AM, Carl Spackler said:

How can it be one of the worst you’ve ever seen if there’s at least 15 that are worse? That’s hyperbole.

in zero of those games listed did the rookie throw a TD pass. 

If 15 people throw 5 ints in one game, and 1 throws 4 ints in one game, and you've been watching football for 30 years, the 4 int game is going to go down as one of the worst you've seen.  Just because it's a miniscule amount better than 15 people who barely managed to rank a tiny bit worse doesn't mean it wasn't a sh*t performance.