• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How strong is your allegiance to the Panthers?

holycrikey

During the season and division play? Absolutely. But when they are out of the division, I think of the NFC South the way I think of the ACC. The better they look, the better we look.... Otherwise, we are just the Cardinals and everyone knows that we come from a cupcake division.

Nobody wants to claim "smartest kid in the class" when that class is nothing but retards.

I really don't get the hate for the Saints. We nearly always beat them no matter how good our team is or theirs is and their franchise has had zero success. I hate Atlanta and Tampa Bay for sure, but not New Orleans. They don't even feel like an NFC South team even this year. Maybe if they win a Super Bowl I'll start to dislike them.

fug that. it's not the team, it's their fanbase. i hate them for their fanbase.

You're allowed to have a girlfriend team. You just have to remember that you're married to the Panthers so that's where first priority goes.

Right now, we're outta the playoffs. I'm not 10 years old, so I can enjoy the rest of the season/playoffs without getting my panties in a wad over the Saints success thus far, etc.

After talking with many Panthers fans, I've found a disturbing trend (to me) among some fans. This came to light after talking with friends tonight about the Saints/Cowboys game. I despise both teams, but will never root for the Saints because they are Panther rivals.

Given that the Panthers are out of the playoffs and down the tube for this season, many fans are rooting for the Saints. When questioned why, they've said to me, "Well, I want my division to be represented. If I need to root for another team, they might as well be a good team from the NFC South."

:eek:

For myself, I will never root for any NFC South team besides the Panthers. Even if another NFC South team faces against my ultra-loathful teams (Patriots/Cowboys/Steelers/Eagles), I still will refuse to root for an NFC South team. To me, division rivals are never to be talked about positively. They are half of the games the Panthers must play each season. They are THE main hurdle to a good record.

Are these fans actually the norm? Are they just fair-weather fans?

Am I too narrow-minded?

What do you guys do when watching other NFC opponents play?

I don't think that there is a right or wrong other than personal opinion, and everone has one. Personally, I don't pull for any other team other than the Panthers! I am however still a fan the NFL, so I still watch games but have no strong interest as to who wins or loses. Although I have predictions just as you would for any game, Panther game or not. It doesn't matter to me who wins now, I'm still a Panther Fan that loves NFL football.

And yes, you're all narrow minded!

Honestly, I don't mind the Saints. I don't feel like they are as big of a rival as the Bucs and Falcons. I would pull for the Al Queda all star team if they played either of them. I like Sean Payton and have a lot of respect for Brees, and they are entertaining to watch. That being said, I hate the Saints fan base. Drunk, inbreeding, and uneducated seem to be prevalent. The Saints are kinda like a little brother, let them have their moment in the sun for now because you know it won't last.

I really can't see myself rooting for another team we have to pull against on any given Sunday (Mon, Thurs, Ect.). Don't guess I have ever had this question asked before, nope it isn't in me to pull for any of them. It's all about Caralina in the NFC for me. Love these guys even if they don't win them all. Just a tuff season with lots of injuries. Hopefully we'll be back next year on our game.

..well since our playoff lives were on the line last night, I was rooting for the Saints, I can't lie about that...the only time I'll EVER root for anyone in the NFC south is if we need them to win..this isn't college football, and the SEC...I could give a dam about anybody else...

I am kinda of in that boat, that if a team is going to be this good, why not a team from the South. But then again it is the Saints, so I'll never cheer for them. The only South team that I could see myself cheering for other than the Panthers would be the Bucs.

Since the Panthers' season is over, I really don't care about the NFL anymore. I'm not going to be spending all day watch games anymore this year. I'll watch the Bengals and the Panthers game.

fug that. it's not the team, it's their fanbase. i hate them for their fanbase.

I actually don't mind Dallas fans that are either from Dallas or who actually were fans of them before the 90's. This basically excludes 99% of them who would show up at B of A when they play. But I'd say I hate them even more for the sniveling toad that is Jerry Jones.

Archived