• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How strong is your allegiance to the Panthers?

holycrikey

After talking with many Panthers fans, I've found a disturbing trend (to me) among some fans. This came to light after talking with friends tonight about the Saints/Cowboys game. I despise both teams, but will never root for the Saints because they are Panther rivals.

Given that the Panthers are out of the playoffs and down the tube for this season, many fans are rooting for the Saints. When questioned why, they've said to me, "Well, I want my division to be represented. If I need to root for another team, they might as well be a good team from the NFC South."

:eek:

For myself, I will never root for any NFC South team besides the Panthers. Even if another NFC South team faces against my ultra-loathful teams (Patriots/Cowboys/Steelers/Eagles), I still will refuse to root for an NFC South team. To me, division rivals are never to be talked about positively. They are half of the games the Panthers must play each season. They are THE main hurdle to a good record.

Are these fans actually the norm? Are they just fair-weather fans?

Am I too narrow-minded?

What do you guys do when watching other NFC opponents play?

I really don't get the hate for the Saints. We nearly always beat them no matter how good our team is or theirs is and their franchise has had zero success. I hate Atlanta and Tampa Bay for sure, but not New Orleans. They don't even feel like an NFC South team even this year. Maybe if they win a Super Bowl I'll start to dislike them.

I despise the pats and the cowboys. I pull for anyone playing against those two teams, this includes the bucs saints and falcons. I can honestly say that I love the panthers more than I hate any specific team in the NFL, so basically any game that is on that does not involve the panthers, I really don't care about.

so basically what I'm saying is that I don't care about the bucs saints or falcons to root against them when they aren't playing the panthers. when they play the boys or the pats, I root for the other team.

saints, falcons, bucs are the enemy

hatred is felt towards the cowboys and pats. with the cowboys it's a life long thing.

still....when the pats or cowboys play our rivals in the nfcs...i'm going to be pulling for the pats and the cowboys.

this right here.

lived on the mississippi gulf coast for a short while, and having to deal with saints fans made me hate them more than any other team.

I really don't get the hate for the Saints. We nearly always beat them no matter how good our team is or theirs is and their franchise has had zero success. I hate Atlanta and Tampa Bay for sure, but not New Orleans. They don't even feel like an NFC South team even this year. Maybe if they win a Super Bowl I'll start to dislike them.

bingo

Archived