• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doctor Who 60th special trailer.

Harbingers

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Eh, looks ok. Tennant back as an older Doctor will probably be good though doesn't make sense since the last Doctor was a woman. Tate back as Donna will suck, at least to me. She was an annoying companion. I'll probably pass though. I gave up on the show a few years ago.

Nah man. You gotta get past Donna’s “annoying”, once you get her for her she is amazing. Tate plays the edginess of the character to perfection. 

I agree on the last few years, Chibnall sucked as the head-writer/show runner. Jodie did everything she could but Chibnall really did not deliver a compelling story. Too many gimmicks, too much trying to change the through line. But now we got Russell T Davies back. I still think Mark Gatiss should have been the selection instead of Chibnall and should have been the next one after Chibnall but you know Davies is going to deliver a quality product. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Nah man. You gotta get past Donna’s “annoying”, once you get her for her she is amazing. Tate plays the edginess of the character to perfection. 

I agree on the last few years, Chibnall sucked as the head-writer/show runner. Jodie did everything she could but Chibnall really did not deliver a compelling story. Too many gimmicks, too much trying to change the through line. But now we got Russell T Davies back. I still think Mark Gatiss should have been the selection instead of Chibnall and should have been the next one after Chibnall but you know Davies is going to deliver a quality product. 

No, I don't have to get past it. 😁

Seriously though, all the family/friends/lovers they've been bringing in to expand the cast and show the companions having lives outside the Doctor has been a bit much too. The whole point of the show has always been the Doctor and his companion(s) traveling through time and saving folks. It's never needed all the other BS.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

No, I don't have to get past it. 😁

Seriously though, all the family/friends/lovers they've been bringing in to expand the cast and show the companions having lives outside the Doctor has been a bit much too. The whole point of the show has always been the Doctor and his companion(s) traveling through time and saving folks. It's never needed all the other BS.

I disagree during the RTD and Steven Moffat era’s. All the intricate plot devices that were created by the previous companions, families, etc worked. Outside of the Doctor(s) obviously, I think Donna’s grandfather was probably my favorite character at least in the new iterations. Followed by Amy and Rory. The whole man who waited saga was just brilliant. Then definitely River Song. I know Donna puts a lot of people off. But she is just so well portrayed. Kind of like Mary McDonnell as Laura Roslin on battlestar. 

Neil Patrick Harris as the Toymaker should be good.

Disney's investment into Dr Who production is a win. If they were smart, they'd figure out a way to make a Dr Who-oriented attraction and meet-n-greet with any number of different Doctors and Tardis photo op.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/bbc-and-disney-branded-television-join-forces-on-doctor-who 

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...