• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What was your best Christmas gift this year?

Panther_gal

Since only a few people on here know me I will post this...

I was standing in line in front of a woman in walmart on Christmas Eve .. she asked me if I knew where to rent a truck... I told her that most uhauls and such were closed and she probably wouldnt find one but she could use mine...she told me she had bought an air hockey table for her grandkids but couldn't get it home and would pay me to haul it for her... I told her that it wasn't necessary to pay me.. I was going that way anyway.. so I hauled it to her house and carried it in.... as I wished her Merry Christmas she hands me a hundred and insisted that I take it... I told her politely that I did not need the money and that I would not take it... her daughter said that she would get mad... I told her that I did not do it for the money.. and once again told her that I did not need it..after about three or four times doing that... she insisted that I take it.. I didn't want to her to get mad or be insulted... so I took the money... I knew that she wouldn't take no for an answer.. and I knew that I didn't need the money.. but I knew what I would do with it.... so....

Tonight I took my sons to Walmart to let them look around a while for toys that they could spend their Christmas money on... being 10 and 11... having anything they want and desire given to them..... of course they couldn't find anything they had to have....

but while we were wandering around.. I noticed a kid their age that was in the bb gun section getting co2 cartridges.. he was wearing pants and a jacket that were too big and generic boots with no socks.. etc... I called my sons over and pointed him out... after some discussion about him.. about how they had a great Christmas and got all they wanted... I told them I was giving that kid my money... and that they could ante up the money they got from their nanny to put with it... of course they said no way.. but after pointing out a few facts about their life compared to his.. comparing the clothes they were wearing compared to his.. etc..... they finally saw my point.. I gave them them money and they approached him while he was watching the wall of tv's.. .. They told him that they had a merry christmas and wanted him to have one too.. to take the money and buy something he wanted.... then they turned and came straight back to me and we walked out the door... I would have loved to have hung around and seen what he bought... but didn't want a scene made out of it.. I did watch from the next isle.. and when he unrolled the money his jaw dropped and he smiled.... that was all I needed... I hope I taught my sons something tonight.. and if I did.... then that was the only Christmas present I needed.......

Well, and I don't want to get too ahead of myself as we had a letdown this past summer... but...

Some of you may remember back in April or May when I posted that I was going to be a dad... The original due date was supposed to be Christmas eve or Christmas day... A week or two after I posted, we found out the pregnancy was tubal and would not happen afterall...

Well, my wife was having a little nausea the week before last week... She took a test, and it was negative... So we just kind of wrote it off...

She was supposed to start her "cycle" this past Wednesday, the day before Christmas eve... She didn't...

So, the next day, Christmas eve, she decides to take a test... It comes back with a plus sign... She took another that night, and it comes back positive too...

We're not getting our hopes up yet, because she has some issues that make her conceiving a little difficult in the first place... However, she had her levels checked this morning via blood test and it also confirms and appears normal... She'll go again and get them checked Wednesday morning to see if they have doubled (they should double every 2 days) and then go in two weeks to have an ultrasound to see if everything looks normal and isn't tubal again...

So, keep me in your thoughts (and/or prayers if that is your thing... even if it isn't mine, I do believe it is a form of positive thought which holds some power) and maybe it will be legit this time... If so, that will be the best present I have ever gotten... ever...

My daughter gave me the most wonderful present of all.

She is 2 so she didn't get up until about 0800. I went to go get her once I heard her crying. When I walked into the room I found that she had removed her diaper in the night and smeared poo on everything she could reach. Beautiful, I love finger paints.

this was the first christmas that my family kinda sorta celebrated. My mom started putting up decorations a few years ago. And now that my brother is getting married we exchange gifts to make his fiance more comfterable.

I got Grado SR60i headphones. They're the best on the market, you need to spend 300 bucks to find any better. Don't buy BOSE, they're nice but not for the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived