• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 5

Shocker

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Qb1 will be top piority for the bears this offseason,but WR1 wont.. they will pull a texans and go O and D with their top picks.

In seriousness they get a qb at 1 then trade back with our pick and get more capital.   Unless they grade mhjr as a generational guy.  But they can trade back and really fortify their oline.  

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In seriousness they get a qb at 1 then trade back with our pick and get more capital.   Unless they grade mhjr as a generational guy.  But they can trade back and really fortify their oline.  

that seems extremely likely. I just wonder if Poles is there next year ... bc that is something he would do.. However, entire house cleaning is on the table now for the bears and it's becoming inevitable each week that goes by.

Edited by TheCasillas

Just now, TheCasillas said:

that seems extremely likely. I just wonder if Poles is there next year ... bc that is something he would do.. However, entire house cleaning is on the table now for the bears and it's becoming inevitable each week that goes by.

After the past couple weeks they burning that front office down.   They will be hiring Ben Johnson I bet.   And pairing him with a new gm.   Kind of like what we should have done.  

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude gambled on himself and it’s paid off so far.  

He was a hot coaching candidate last season... i dont think anything has changed. Prolly wont get as much money as he would have here... but he will fetch a nice paycheck. I mean the Lions made him the highest paid coaching assistant in the history of the NFL.... so i think it was win/win no matter what he elected to do last year.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

He was a hot coaching candidate last season... i dont think anything has changed. Prolly wont get as much money as he would have here... but he will fetch a nice paycheck. I mean the Lions made him the highest paid coaching assistant in the history of the NFL.... so i think it was win/win no matter what he elected to do last year.

Him pulling out really seem to screw us up.   

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Him pulling out really seem to screw us up.   

It would have been interesting bc even with Reich not being in the picture .. it would have been Ben vs Wilks... and hiring Ben would have been the opposite of what Tepper said we were looking for in our next head coach. 

Basically, the offseason storylines would have been a poo show... from fans and media.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

It would have been interesting bc even with Reich not being in the picture .. it would have been Ben vs Wilks... and hiring Ben would have been the opposite of what Tepper said we were looking for in our next head coach. 

Basically, the offseason storylines would have been a poo show... from fans and media.

Person I think reported tepper really wanted Johnson.  If I am remembering that correctly.  He liked him before the process started and even more after the first meet.