• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gilbert Arenas should face a career ban from the NBA

Panthers128

This is my opinion. I'm sure you've all heard the ridiculous story coming out of Washington where Arenas and a teammate pulled guns on each other over a gambling debt in the team locker room. Behavior like this is complete disregard for the safety of your teammates, your employer and the safety of fans.

Just imagine if in your job you brought a gun to work and you and a fellow coworker pulled guns out over a gambling debt. I'm sure some more liberal minded people will defend this, but when you start bringing these problems into the arenas, that's where i draw the line.

The NBA doesn't need Gilbert Arenas and they should stop feeding the arrogance of their players by being so lenient. Kick him out and if he did anything to void his contract, take every penny back.

This is being reported nationally and by that I don't mean TMZ.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/01/AR2010010101536.html

Players have denied allegations before (Vick and dogfighting) and that's exactly what Arenas is doing right now. The FBI is investigating the incident. If it turns out to be false allegations, there should still be a lengthy suspension for Arenas due to the already stated fact that he had a gun in his team locker.

You have a 100 million dollar contract, and your fuging gambling!?

Never have I understood stupidity to this level.

First Vick, now Gilbert all that money, popularity and endorsements and they toss it aside like-fuging-that.

SMHx100000

I'm a big Arenas fan. Have been since his Zona days. This is off the charts stupid. Besides gambling(mo money leads to mo gambling tho) but the fact he is defying gun laws in a super anti gun area, DC, to do that is just flat out stupid.

Lifetime ban I doubt, but the rest of the year and tons of money I can see.

finally he's suspended after being caught on camera pointing his finger like a gun at a teammate this past week and calling his boss (commisioner stern) 'mean' while saying he's scared of his punishment.

please stop acting like a 9 year old in the ghetto, Mr. Arenas.

Arenas is going to be made into an example. Which is a shame as I like him as a player.

The NBA will continue to draft below average intelligence thugs however, and I imagine something like this will happen again soon especially now that they are on the lookout.

Archived