• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading NFL's next generation of QBs, Week 4: Huge bounce back from Sam Howell, Bryce Young flops again

Martin

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Somebody here begged for us to draft Howell. Many here laughed and mocked me when he bafflingly fell to the 5th.

Well, call the Commanders and offer Bryce Young for Sam Howell straight up if you want to hear laughter and mocking now.

So many people talked so much poo about him and he always looked way better than they graded him.

He was my 'why the hell shouldn't we' in that class.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Somebody here begged for us to draft Howell. Many here laughed and mocked me when he bafflingly fell to the 5th.

Well, call the Commanders and offer Bryce Young for Sam Howell straight up if you want to hear laughter and mocking now.

congrats on your internet achievement

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Keep in mind, Howell is on pace to get sacked more than David Carr did as a rookie. Still ballin'.

Getting hit and still making it happen is a job requirement of QBs in the NFL. That or being fast enough to run away. So....

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Getting hit and still making it happen is a job requirement of QBs in the NFL. That or being fast enough to run away. So....

Yeah, being able to operate under pressure is just a way of life in the NFL. Especially as spread type offenses have become more the norm. With more receivers and fewer blockers the ball better be coming out really fast or you better be good at delivering the ball with a defender hearing down on you, sometimes both.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

I’m sure it’s informative. No knock on your post, I’m just not interested in hearing anything more about Young. His performance speaks volumes. 

I mean, the review gives him a D grade so far. I know this is the soft days of 2023 where no one gets below a 50 on their school work and all, but in ye olden days, a D in school was defined as "unsatisfactory".

I think most will say "unsatisfactory" is an appropriate description for his year so far.

Would you prefer F-? Even if grading on a curve, that's an unjustifiable mark.

• Pie 1