• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'Bama or Texas tonight. Prospects???

Dpantherman

Bama finally decided to stop letting McElroy drop back in the pocket. Smart move for now. He has to realize that he needs to get rid of the ball quicker, whether that be to a receiver or simply throwing it away.

The tandem of Ingram and Richardson are performing nicely though. I must admit I have a mancrush on both . . . and Cody.

Bama finally decided to stop letting McElroy drop back in the pocket. Smart move for now. He has to realize that he needs to get rid of the ball quicker, whether that be to a receiver or simply throwing it away.

The tandem of Ingram and Richardson are performing nicely though. I must admit I have a mancrush on both . . . and Cody.

lol, ROLL TIDE!! i do hope colt is ok though, maybe its just a game ending injury, not a serious one. maybe the passing game can get going in the 2nd half. once again...ROOOOLLLLLL TIDEEEE!!!!!!!

story of this game will be mccoy going out on the 1st drive and missing basicly atleast 95% of the 1st half. thats the game in a nut shell, texas without mccoy couldnt move the ball, with him they did breifly. with him out, the bama defense has given the offense great field position with ease. its sad too, as texas had a great shot with the 2 turnovers from bama at the start, but no mccoy to make them pay.

gilbert has been absolute trash. hell he was all but in tears after the last play. they may want to look for another qb, if this game continues to punish the freshman, his confidence may be shot ala carr.

story of this game will be mccoy going out on the 1st drive and missing basicly atleast 95% of the 1st half. thats the game in a nut shell, texas without mccoy couldnt move the ball, with him they did breifly. with him out, the bama defense has given the offense great field position with ease. its sad too, as texas had a great shot with the 2 turnovers from bama at the start, but no mccoy to make them pay.

gilbert has been absolute trash. hell he was all but in tears after the last play. they may want to look for another qb, if this game continues to punish the freshman, his confidence may be shot ala carr.

but you have to think, gilbert is a true freshman and he practices with the 2nd string offense so he is bound to make a bunch of mistakes.

It is very unfortunate that McCoy is out. I really hate it for him, being his last collegiate game for all the marbles. Additionally, it greatly tilts the scales in Bama's favor.

The story after the game will be "Could Texas have won if McCoy played?" Based on what I saw on that first drive, it is a legitimate question. However, I will still celebrate the National Championship, if Bama hangs on.

BTW, did Corso sound a little blitzed during the halftime segment? :beerchug:

Archived