• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

The new lines seem to infer that Rod wants a better forechecking presence on each line and I’m for it.

I’ll stand by the fact that you can’t win the cup unless all lines are contributing offensively.

The new lines have a forechecking presence to go with some offense.

When fully healthy go:

Guentzel - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen

Martinook - Kuznetsov - Necas

Noesen - Drury - Fast

Lemieux - Kotkaniemi

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The new lines seem to infer that Rod wants a better forechecking presence on each line and I’m for it.

I’ll stand by the fact that you can’t win the cup unless all lines are contributing offensively.

The new lines have a forechecking presence to go with some offense.

When fully healthy go:

Guentzel - Aho - Jarvis

Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen

Martinook - Kuznetsov - Necas

Noesen - Drury - Fast

Lemieux - Kotkaniemi

I hope this is more of a training exercise unless it works really well. MSF for playoffs. Period. Mess all the other lines Rod wants but don’t touch our shutdown line. 

• Pie 2

Rods got them practicing again before they fly up to Canada. Hopefully he’ll do a Monday lite and a Wednesday practice while the boys have the 4 day break. We got Boston twice, the blues and Caps once, the other 4 remaining games are teams not making the playoffs but looking to play spoiler. We also end the season with a 4 game road stretch. 

We have 1 more back to back after the 4 day break and we also have a 2 day break between bruins game 2 and the blues during our last 4 road stretch. 

Rags have 4-5 games against wildcard hopefuls left but no more for sure playoff teams. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Doubt Putin would mess with his favorite team’s players but something Niki might want to keep in mind.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/05/flyers-ivan-fedotov-being-held-at-russian-military-base/

This was about two years ago. He joined the Flyers today.

And this won’t have any affect on Nikishin. Fedotov was trying to avoid his conscription, Nikishin has already completed his.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

As of today, the team leads the league in PK% at 85.6%. Still 3rd in PP% at 26.5% for a combined special teams % of 112.1. Anything over 110 is generally considered elite. 112.1 is obviously the highest rated net special teams % in the league. This team is going to be a tough out in the playoffs. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Also can anyone explain what playoff seeding looks like for the Canes if they finish 2nd in the Metro but hold the 2nd highest seed in the East?

So in the current format hypothetical at current points totals. 

1) WC1(Lightning) V Rags

2) Philly V Carolina

We’d be playing Philly at current point totals. Then we’d be playing either the Lightning or Rags if we win round 1. There is no reseed. So us holding second in the east would not matter until the conference finals if the rags win round 1 as our hypothetical road to the cup goes through NY by nature of divisional playoffs. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

At least he was on a 1 year 1 way. Sadly for him I don’t see us picking him up again next season with Martin as the safety net.  Hopefully somebody will pick him up in the NHL next year for vet min. 

Chicago ain’t making the AHL playoff so maybe Dundon will do him a solid and pick him up for the playoffs this year so he can sit in the press box and visit with the boys, etc. 

• Pie 1