• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Donavan McNabb becomes available like suggested in the paper...

SCP

Would you take McNabb in Charlotte if Phily releases him?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take McNabb in Charlotte if Phily releases him?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pie

YES! I would want McNabb here in a minute. He would be an instant significant upgrade at QB. Then with him the Panthers can search for and find our next young QB of the future. I am not in the camp that Moore is a franchise QB. I prefer him now over Delhomme but no way over a QB like McNabb.

I tend to agree but one thing that is different is that as of now McNabb would be entering into the final year of his contract. I am not so sure he would be willing to play in the last year of his contract with the risk of injury. That is not something QB's normally do is it?

I would love to see McNabb come to Carolina. I want him to do well and I think he would be a good fit here in Charlotte and as a Philly fan, I am ready for the Kolb era to begin. I want a championship and the McNabb/Reid led Eagles is not going to do that.

Unless they extend him they would have to trade him or let him play out his last year.. Do you think they trust Kolb enough to trade away McNabb and have no one behind him? That would mean keeping Vick right?

Like others the instant response would be yes as it would appear that he would be the best QB out of him, Moore and Delhomme. But lets not forget what we learn from Jay Cutler. If a team is willing to get rid of a franshise QB, there is a reason for it. I like McNabb and this is one of those situations that if it did happen I would be very happy and excited BUT I would not advocate for it and completely would understand why the Panthers would pass up the opportunity if that should happen.

Unless they extend him they would have to trade him or let him play out his last year.. Do you think they trust Kolb enough to trade away McNabb and have no one behind him? That would mean keeping Vick right?

But would McNabb be willing to play out that final year with no extension? At his age and the chance of injury, I am sure he wants to go into next season with some type of security contract wise. He might be the one asking for the trade if they are not willing to extend him. I dunno, I will just sit back and see what they do.

I think he would do well in our system. A system that does not put so much pressure on the QB to win or lose it. Good QB, good locker room guy, seems to be a great guy in the community. I'd like to see it for competition sake.

Archived