• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Donavan McNabb becomes available like suggested in the paper...

SCP

Would you take McNabb in Charlotte if Phily releases him?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take McNabb in Charlotte if Phily releases him?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pie

Would you like to see him on the Panthers? He is 33 and is obviously a great QB. I for one would like to see him here to compete*. Might cost us alot, haven't researched any of that. Just going off a blurb I read in the Observer that he might be out of Phily.

(*This kind of blows up King T's "Nobody in Charlotte wants a black QB!!!11!!" hypothesis, but whatever.)

He's done as much in the postseason as Jake Delhomme...which isn't much. I'd rather not sell our future AGAIN to get an aging QB. Even though I think McNabb could play another 5 years, I'd rather not get stuck in a rut of going out and taking every other team's high priced table scraps.

the past 10 seasons.....the Eagles have had a losing record 1 time.

the past 10 seasons.....the Eagles have made the playoffs 8 times.

I would gladly take McNabb. Many of those seasons he has had a medicore group of WRs and questionable offensive playcalling.

McNabb has been leaving Philly for the last decade. As long a Reid is coach McNabb isn't going anywhere.

I tend to agree but one thing that is different is that as of now McNabb would be entering into the final year of his contract. I am not so sure he would be willing to play in the last year of his contract with the risk of injury. That is not something QB's normally do is it?

I would love to see McNabb come to Carolina. I want him to do well and I think he would be a good fit here in Charlotte and as a Philly fan, I am ready for the Kolb era to begin. I want a championship and the McNabb/Reid led Eagles is not going to do that.

Archived