• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King - deal Williams or Stewart for 1st round pick

holycrikey

Trade a successful RB for a pick that's probably going to flop and want close to the money that Dwill or Jstew is going to want. Not saying the rook will get it, but will definitely want it. Then you have to worry about hold outs, if they can learn the playbook or if they are any damn good at all. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

Hey Pete, I got some waterfront property to sell you on the moon.

Trade a successful RB for a pick that's probably going to flop and want close to the money that Dwill or Jstew is going to want. Not saying the rook will get it, but will definitely want it. Then you have to worry about hold outs, if they can learn the playbook or if they are any damn good at all. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

Hey Pete, I got some waterfront property to sell you on the moon.

Wrong, the rookie deals are capped. As long as it isn't a top ten pick, the rookie is going to be way cheaper than what DeAngelo will want in FA. Don't forget that Stew and DeAngelo were both first round picks. Fox and Hurney hit on first round picks. If they got a 1st rounder for DeAngelo and used it on a RB, that RB would produce.

Wrong, the rookie deals are capped. As long as it isn't a top ten pick, the rookie is going to be way cheaper than what DeAngelo will want in FA. Don't forget that Stew and DeAngelo were both first round picks. Fox and Hurney hit on first round picks. If they got a 1st rounder for DeAngelo and used it on a RB, that RB would produce.

I honestly can't be too sure considering Fox's current decision making skills.

OK, you know what JStew and DWill can do... let's just hypothetically say we did do what King is suggesting and got a first round pick... what do you get with that? An unknown commodity that may or may not be a good player who most certainly would be an inexperience and untested rookie... vs. a top-3 back in DWill or a top-10 back in JStew... King is a dumbass.

agreed ncbiscuit i was thinking the exact same thing myself

I'd trade DeAngelo in a second for a 1st and 2nd in '10 or 2 1st's one in '10 and '11. He'll need a new contract soon...injury...age. Go younger cheaper route and improve the rest of the team.

You guys complain that Fox is too loyal to players well looks like Fox isn't the only one.

I'd trade DeAngelo in a second for a 1st and 2nd in '10 or 2 1st's one in '10 and '11. He'll need a new contract soon...injury...age. Go younger cheaper route and improve the rest of the team.

You guys complain that Fox is too loyal to players well looks like Fox isn't the only one.

What you mean?

This isn't about loyalty... it's about common sense... and the OP didn't say a 1st and a 2nd or two 1sts... he said one 1st. If it was multiple picks, then yeah, we should consider it... but again, who's gonna do that???

This isn't about loyalty... it's about common sense... and the OP didn't say a 1st and a 2nd or two 1sts... he said one 1st. If it was multiple picks, then yeah, we should consider it... but again, who's gonna do that???

People who can see this as an option to better the team...not OMGZ I JUST BOUGHT HIZ JERSEYS. DLO'Z 4EVERZ

Archived