• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 6

therealmjl

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This particular team appears to be getting better each week.  I hope that isn’t a mirage.  Playing defense and now the team adds a big offensive weapon.  Good stuff 

Other than the App State game it finally looks like we have that pairing of an elite offense and a respectable defense. We've always paired elite offenses with trash tier defense. We've had elite defenses paired with respectable offenses in the past but never the reverse. At least not during my lifetime.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Other than the App State game it finally looks like we have that pairing of an elite offense and a respectable defense. We've always paired elite offenses with trash tier defense. We've had elite defenses paired with respectable offenses in the past but never the reverse. At least not during my lifetime.

No, you are correct.  Even the Lawrence Taylor team was incredible defense, suspect offense.  Mack has seriously given UNC some of their better teams.  

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly a big hurdle for the Heels…get by this one and things are looking decent to go the distance 

I had them as a realistic ACC championship contender this year. Maye is by far the best QB in the ACC. It was looking sketchy early but they look to be getting better each game.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I had them as a realistic ACC championship contender this year. Maye is by far the best QB in the ACC. It was looking sketchy early but they look to be getting better each game.

I think there were some hiccups with the new OC. Tez Walker is gonna help a lot too. The offense was sorely missing a true field stretcher deep threat. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think there were some hiccups with the new OC. Tez Walker is gonna help a lot too. The offense was sorely missing a true field stretcher deep threat. 

I really had no idea Tez Walker was so well regarded, but now I see it.  He is a perfect complement to these other WRs.  

I tracked down the Inside Carolina team talking about him and they stated he could be the second most talented player on the roster.  Nice

Edited by Shocker

This is the first time in a long time I have honestly been more excited about college football than the NFL.

I think the NIL will make the sport more popular. These top players can now jump from school to school now. The older college fans might not like it, but the newer generation will love it. Times are changing in college sports. Either adapt or get left behind.

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I really had no idea Tez Walker was so well regarded, but now I see it.  He is a perfect complement to these other WRs.  

I tracked down the Inside Carolina team talking about him and they stated he could be the second most talented player on the roster.  Nice

#2 WR, #6 overall. 

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-football-transfer-portal-2023-top-15-wide-receivers-in-final-top247-rankings-211596035/

He had 7 catches for 106 yards and a TD against Georgia and you KNOW they were keying on him. The rest of the roster combined for about 80 receiving yards. Only one other WR caught a pass.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is the first time in a long time I have honestly been more excited about college football than the NFL.

I think the NIL will make the sport more popular. These top players can now jump from school to school now. The older college fans might not like it, but the newer generation will love it. Times are changing in college sports. Either adapt or get left behind.

Ultimately I think they're going to do something to rein in the musical chairs.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

#2 WR, #6 overall. 

https://247sports.com/longformarticle/college-football-transfer-portal-2023-top-15-wide-receivers-in-final-top247-rankings-211596035/

He had 7 catches for 106 yards and a TD against Georgia and you KNOW they were keying on him. The rest of the roster combined for about 80 receiving yards. Only one other WR caught a pass.

2 years left

IMG_0051.jpeg.0b30448ba4e41119070df360cfa8987a.jpeg

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Like what?

Let these kids do what they want. NCAA has screwed them over for decades. It's their time to capitalize on the NCAA.

That's NIL. Not sure what they'll do but I don't think the current free for all will continue. They might ultimately reinstitute the sit out a year rule.

I've always thought the schools should have to commit to a four year scholarship to these kids as long as they remain academically eligible.