• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Choo choo! Amtrak CEO discusses passenger rail expansion across NC

jayboogieman

25 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Amtrak is HUGE up here ... but by god it's one of the worst run things I've ever seen. Every train runs late, constant delays, dirty cars, dirty bathrooms, expensive tickets, long lines. It's brutal. Customer Service is actually good though. I took a trip from here to Rhode Island and back and both trains were delayed by hours ... and they were very cool in giving me vouchers for future rides. Amtrak is basically a really nice Greyhound.

Not surprised. The government owns Amtrak.

Regarding Amtrak delays, what form of transportation these days doesn't face delays? The last time I flew, I ended spending 12 hours in the Dallas Airport, waiting thru a long delay.  I drove from NY to NC in August and got delayed four hours because of crashes on 95. Delays are just part of travel these days and I doubt Amtrak is any worse than the others.  I have learned to either be prepared for potential delays or stay at home

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 1:50 AM, jfra78 said:

This would be incredible. Would also love the Salibsbury to Asheville route.

Amtrak already runs from Charlotte to DC though, doesn't it? I know the Kannapolis station runs to DC and you take that train to Noda as well.