• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Brown if he turns this offense around

Frank9999

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Reich just sounds completely defeated Brown. Hopefully his presser talents and energy translate a more inspired and creative play call approach. 

We definitely need an energy boost. Reich and Young are a bad pairing for that. If Brown can fire up Young and get our offense playing inspired football I’ll be intrigued. 

• Beer 1

Thomas Brown is really an unknown to an extent in terms of what he will bring and focus on.  The ideal scheme and coaching I would like to see is what McVay did with Goff.   Brown was only with him for 3 years and 2 of those were the Stafford seasons where McVay tweaked the O more to a traditional drop back passer for the vet Stafford.  I really think those motions looks pre-Stafford would help Bryce out a lot.  Outside of that, Thomas Brown's resume is basically all run game oriented.  Which that would help the rookie out too of we became more productive.  I just hate Frank installed his offense.  So Thomas Brown is still going to be working inside of that.  

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't buy that at all.  I think that is coach speak in front of a microphone.  This is Frank Reich's O.  Which is well established. 

That only makes me feel better.  He can draw up some of his plays for them during the bye week.  The whole zone blocking OL is from the McVay tree though, which is something Brown would probably imitate.  

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

Thomas Brown is really an unknown to an extent in terms of what he will bring and focus on.  The ideal scheme and coaching I would like to see is what McVay did with Goff.   Brown was only with him for 3 years and 2 of those were the Stafford seasons where McVay tweaked the O more to a traditional drop back passer for the vet Stafford.  I really think those motions looks pre-Stafford would help Bryce out a lot.  Outside of that, Thomas Brown's resume is basically all run game oriented.  Which that would help the rookie out too of we became more productive.  I just hate Frank installed his offense.  So Thomas Brown is still going to be working inside of that.  

To your point

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/what-will-the-panthers-offense-look-like-under-thomas-brown

"I have a ton of respect for Sean McVay," said Brown. "He's one of the best and brightest minds I've ever been a part of but we are different. How we see the game and activate the game will be different, but I've definitely learned about how you attack defenses using formation variation, formation marriage, and motion adjustments so that'll continue to be a part of what we do moving forward.

If he turns this offense around he does nothing more than lock himself in as OC. He had been nothing more than a position coach and hasn’t coached the same position group more than 2 years in a row. Proving he can call an offense has nothing to do with the other skills needed to be a head coach.

• Pie 1

There is the dynamic of getting back some players, along with the normal in season progression where we are expecting and normally see  improvement in the units, some players, etc.  In general the level of play rises across the league as the season advances. IMO. 

It won’t be long until Young is no longer a rookie. Past the halfway point and marching onwards towards his sophmore season. That will be here before you know it. Anyhow that is hopefully a bump. 

The perspective is always changing. So many variables to consider. I will say Brown should have it easier than Reich, just from the natural way of young teams getting better through experience. So won’t be surprised if things tighten up. 

At least there is something else to observe. Been very tired of the losing with no drama scenario. If we are gonna suck give me some drama somewhere. 

On 10/16/2023 at 8:46 PM, Frank9999 said:

Will be our coach next season. It just makes too much sense, you cant risk losing a young offensive minded coach who can grow with a franchise qb. If Brown has success with the offense and developing Bryce hes HC next year. 

Sean McDermott should be the example here.  We were one year late letting Rivera walk.  McDermott was a rising star, Tepper was a new owner, Rivera still had recent credentials even though cracks were forming.  We could have promoted from within and had the coach youth infusion every team is pining for.  Instead Buffalo is Buffalo and Carolina is whatever the fug Carolina is.  

Brown or Evero are both candidates IMO.  There should be a fair microscope on both of these young hungry coaches.  Don’t let the answer walk out the door again.  There isn’t a better interview than a full season or longer in the buidling.