• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some outside perspective on Bryce

thebdawg

25 minutes ago, Coheed said:

If that’s the *only* progress you’re seeing then that’s some selective vision. Neither you nor I have any idea how Bryce is going to turn out but I’m at least willing to give him some time. 

At the rate he's "improving", he will be an average NFL QB in 2026. We got shutout after the first two drives against Miami, in his best game. He took what the defense gave him the first two drives and then when they adjusted, couldn't do anything. The only reason he's shown improvement is because he played so unconscionably bad the first couple of games. Even at his best, he's been a bottom 5 QB.

Tom Brady is the only outlier as an athletically limited QB who has succeeded in the NFL without top-tier talent around him. It has literally never happened in any other circumstance.

I will say it again. He's a game manager IF he really has turned the corner.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Coheed said:

If that’s the *only* progress you’re seeing then that’s some selective vision. Neither you nor I have any idea how Bryce is going to turn out but I’m at least willing to give him some time. 

I have said you cant give up on him yet....BU if he is not showing progress next regardless of the rest of the roster next year and the Qb class in 25 looks rich then you definitely have a dilemma. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have said you cant give up on him yet....BU if he is not showing progress next regardless of the rest of the roster next year and the Qb class in 25 looks rich then you definitely have a dilemma. 

I think one thing the panthers have going for us is this.  Reich and co gets next season, if things are not substantially headed in the right direction then another full enema is expected.  And no new regime is coming in without being able to draft who they want.

All we can hope for is that T Brown unlocks bryce's potential and we clearly see he can be the guy for us.  I am skeptical and I am pretty confident he will never warrant what we gave up for him but the only hope is that he can become an plus .500 nfl qb

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You don't think current Goff is a top 10 QB in the league right now?  He is in the top 5 in most statistics and has a NFL best record of 5-1.  Which 10 do you have above him?

I would say let his year play out and see how he follows it up because consistency at a high level is the elite bar for many, myself included.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He stated his ceiling feels like what Jared Goff is “right now” and stated we need him to become a top 10 elite QB. I’d say current Goff is an elite top 10 QB. Do you not agree?

There were panther fans who said we shouldn't take stroud because he had a jared goff ceiling and bryce was higher.

20 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

At the rate he's "improving", he will be an average NFL QB in 2026. We got shutout after the first two drives against Miami, in his best game. He took what the defense gave him the first two drives and then when they adjusted, couldn't do anything. The only reason he's shown improvement is because he played so unconscionably bad the first couple of games. Even at his best, he's been a bottom 5 QB.

Tom Brady is the only outlier as an athletically limited QB who has succeeded in the NFL without top-tier talent around him. It has literally never happened in any other circumstance.

I will say it again. He's a game manager IF he really has turned the corner.

You’re just pushing your narrative dawg. There’s a reason you didn’t respond to me telling you specific instances of him making tight window throws and displaying his arm strength and accuracy. Doesn’t fit your game manager narrative. Go watch some film and try not to let your bias get in the way

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Re Goff: It is his eighth season, his last 5 years W-L record is about a game or two over .500. 

Re Goff: was WAY worse than Bryce his rookie year. Threw for 1k/5tds/7ints in 7 starts. Went 0-7.

Made the pro bowl the next year, took his team to a Super Bowl the next throwing for 4700 32tds 12 ints. Can’t just be putting players in a box 6 or 7 games into their career.