• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlov sucks

Panthers Fan 69

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

A little too soon to write Orlov off.  He certainly needs a more responsible defensive defenseman pairing with him.  Chatfield fits that bill.

I remember we were pretty hard on Burns early last season and he came around, I expect Orlov to do the same.

And Burns didn't have a constantly juggled d partner 

• Beer 3

6 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

A little too soon to write Orlov off.  He certainly needs a more responsible defensive defenseman pairing with him.  Chatfield fits that bill.

I remember we were pretty hard on Burns early last season and he came around, I expect Orlov to do the same.

As you say Burns was utter ass at this point last year but turned out to be fantastic. Hopefully Orlov does the same.

Goal tending is our biggest obstacle to a Cup and has been for years, that should have its own thread. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Yes burns was slow to get going last year but he wasn’t allowing a goal a game from being out of position. There were two last night. Two goals!  He is costing us points. 

plus….I stayed up till 1 watching that crap so of course I’m gonna be grumpy 🤣🤣

So did I and I'm at work today! Lol Orlov has been a bigger liability than Chatfield I've seen a few times were he clearly forgets he's playing man and not zone.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, BY9Franchise said:

So did I and I'm at work today! Lol Orlov has been a bigger liability than Chatfield I've seen a few times were he clearly forgets he's playing man and not zone.

Thats the biggest issue. But honestly our issues are bigger than that. We need to go back to the basics or we are going to get face planted by Colorado Saturday. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Thats the biggest issue. But honestly our issues are bigger than that. We need to go back to the basics or we are going to get face planted by Colorado Saturday. 

I have a feeling Kochetkov is starting which helps a bit I bet Aho is back too...

I think it has to do with playing 11-7 and all of are defensive guys are jumping constantly without the lines having chemistry.....

Orlov is the primary culprit he's -10 right now...  I weigh situational goals pretty highly and most of Freddie's softies have been when we were up, Raanta not so much he's been spotting teams 3 goal leads on five shots... yes it's not all on the goalie but even an average NHL goalie should only be giving up at most half of what Raanta has.... I really don't want to see him on the ice again this season I think he's done he's a smaller supposedly quick goalie.... who isn't quick anymore and even worse his reaction time and positioning are awful.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2