• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario: You’re our GM

WarHeel

on the offensive side of the ball draft a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round  & then go ahead right now & bring in a bigger & better RB who can break tackles & in the offseason sign a free agent  WR who was good at gaining yards after the catch    ....just saying

On 10/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, WarHeel said:

It’s evident we have many holes to fill and the ball was dropped in management of trade requests prior to the draft. 

To think we could have had Burns for 2 1st rounders and we didn’t jump on it makes me sick to my stomach.

We have no 1st round pick in 2024.

We have traded away our two best offensive weapons in Christian and DJ. Currently our best performer is a guy who was really brought in with the intention of a veteran presence and sure hands for short yardage and 3rd down situations.

I’ve seen speculation of different players on the defense that could be traded such as Chinn, Horn, Jackson, but in reality teams are not necessarily going to come knocking for guys that A) have injury history or B) aren’t going to be able to contribute for the next 4-5 weeks.

Burns makes the most sense to deal, even now retrospectively. 

That being said, what’s the lowest price you take for Burns?

One first round pick? Two first rounders? Combo of a 1st and higher round pick? Straight up player swap?

What is even realistic at this point now that our leverage has taken a huge hit?

Will they even trade Burns at this point?

Thoughts? 

On 10/20/2023 at 12:53 PM, WarHeel said:

It’s evident we have many holes to fill and the ball was dropped in management of trade requests prior to the draft. 

To think we could have had Burns for 2 1st rounders and we didn’t jump on it makes me sick to my stomach.

We have no 1st round pick in 2024.

We have traded away our two best offensive weapons in Christian and DJ. Currently our best performer is a guy who was really brought in with the intention of a veteran presence and sure hands for short yardage and 3rd down situations.

I’ve seen speculation of different players on the defense that could be traded such as Chinn, Horn, Jackson, but in reality teams are not necessarily going to come knocking for guys that A) have injury history or B) aren’t going to be able to contribute for the next 4-5 weeks.

Burns makes the most sense to deal, even now retrospectively. 

That being said, what’s the lowest price you take for Burns?

One first round pick? Two first rounders? Combo of a 1st and higher round pick? Straight up player swap?

What is even realistic at this point now that our leverage has taken a huge hit?

Will they even trade Burns at this point?

Thoughts? 

I really don't want to trade burns. I would say put together a trade package with Miles Sanders, DJ chark, CJ Henderson and a pick for Devante Adams and Maxx Crosby to match him up with burns and give Bryce a true number one receiver. If I had to trade burns it would be in a similar package for the same two players