• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

44 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Clemson is playing well tonight but my god these refs are calling some ridiculous head scratchers tonight 

It's ACC refs, man. They're gonna be terrible and most infuriating they're gonna be wildly inconsistent over the course of the game. This conference has consistently had the worst refs in the country in football and basketball alike my whole life.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's ACC refs, man. They're gonna be terrible and most infuriating they're gonna be wildly inconsistent over the course of the game. This conference has consistently had the worst refs in the country in football and basketball alike my whole life.

UNC got the benefit of two terrible calls that could have won them the game if they executed. Those last 2 mins were awful for the heels, could have taken control of the game. It happens.

still, great win against Duke softens the blow a bit and hopefully the team gets humbled and refocuses. 

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

UNC got the benefit of two terrible calls that could have won them the game if they executed. Those last 2 mins were awful for the heels, could have taken control of the game. It happens.

still, great win against Duke softens the blow a bit and hopefully the team gets humbled and refocuses. 

They're just terrible in general. I don't think they're biased against us, they're just terrible refs.

Love beating duke but we can't be so focused on that game that we lose to bad teams before and after. Hell, we're better off losing to duke and winning the other two. Beating duke softened the GT blow but then turning around and losing to Clemson at home for only the second time ever takes all the wind out of the sails of that win. No matter how you slice it we're still 1-2 over our last three and one of those losses is to a sub-.500 overall team and to another team that was sub-.500 in the ACC. We just took two bad losses.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly Clemson has been getting screwed all season with calls.  They played great today and this loss for UNC doesn’t matter much.

If we take care of business we are fine.  Really tough stretch of games for us and we lead the league.

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly Clemson has been getting screwed all season with calls.  They played great today and this loss for UNC doesn’t matter much.

If we take care of business we are fine.  Really tough stretch of games for us and we lead the league.

Make no mistakes about it, two bad losses hurts. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're just terrible in general. I don't think they're biased against us, they're just terrible refs.

Love beating duke but we can't be so focused on that game that we lose to bad teams before and after. Hell, we're better off losing to duke and winning the other two. Beating duke softened the GT blow but then turning around and losing to Clemson at home for only the second time ever takes all the wind out of the sails of that win. No matter how you slice it we're still 1-2 over our last three and one of those losses is to a sub-.500 overall team and to another team that was sub-.500 in the ACC. We just took two bad losses.

I don’t think Clemson is a bad team. They played well tonight and won. 

the problem with a lot of Carolina fans is that they tend to overreact and can be irrational. There are what 9 games left? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think Clemson is a bad team. They played well tonight and won. 

the problem with a lot of Carolina fans is that they tend to overreact and can be irrational. There are what 9 games left? 

You are what your record says you are.

I'm not panicking I'm just realistic in that two bad losses hurts.

Trust and believe when the #1 sees are being discussed those two games are going to be key parts of the discussion 

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

UNC got the benefit of two awful calls in crunch time and proceeded to piss the opportunity away in the next three possessions. Got to take advantage of those. Clemson played well and obviously Carolina was still celebrating beating New Jersey State on Saturday. Learn from It. 

I don’t give damn what the rankings say the ACC is a really good conference this season.  Very underrated IMO.  Clemson has some bigtime victories and a crazy amount of narrow losses 

Edited by Shocker

The team that has me baffled is Virginia.  Tony Bennett is an amazing coach.  What are they doing in 2nd place right now?  He is definitely one of the best coaches in the profession 

Edited by Shocker

I need to rant a little on ESPNs bias against the Tarheels…the Duke win was up 20 mins but yet we get this…

IMG_0122.png

Duke has lost games this season as a top 10 team and it’s barely mentioned 

#3 Houston lost last week and we saw very little.  Kansas lost last night and again very little coverage 

Edited by Shocker