• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You do realize he can go undrafted and still sign with a team.

Bronny will make a roster. His dad will make sure the Lakers sign him even if they don't draft him.

My thing is this kid is not ready to play at the next level yet. LeBron is trying to force him to the NBA just so he can play with him before he retires. 

You are completely correct here.  Bronny would not be drafted as a player.  I really don’t think he will be drafted in the first round and probably late 2nd

He is not good enough to make an NBA roster but the Lakers will give LeBron his wish

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

We are talking basketball and folks this women’s final 4 is must watch TV.  UConn vs Kaitlyn Clark up next with a chance to give South Carolina their first loss this season

Clarks only comparison is Pistol Pete which is legendary 

Edited by Shocker

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We are talking basketball and folks this women’s final 4 is must watch TV.  UConn vs Kaitlyn Clark up next with a chance to give South Carolina their first loss this season

Clarks only comparison is Pistol Pete which is legendary 

That South Carolina team is the women’s version of UConn (men’s) but Iowa vs. UConn has the potential to be the game of the season regardless of whether it’s men’s or women’s hoops.

Clark vs. Bueckers is quite the showdown.

And speaking of SC, I’d love to see Dawn Staley get a crack at a men’s job should she want it. I’d take her over Hubert any day. Her ripping her girls when they were up 20 because they were slow to close out a three is what I love to see.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That South Carolina team is the women’s version of UConn (men’s) but Iowa vs. UConn has the potential to be the game of the season regardless of whether it’s men’s or women’s hoops.

Clark vs. Buekers is quite showdown.

And speaking of SC, I’d love to see Dawn Staley get a crack at a men’s job should she want it. I’d take her over Hubert any day. Her ripping her girls when they were up 20 because they were slow to close out a three is what I love to see.

Man, absolutely Dawn Staley is the best coach in college basketball.  It is amazing what she has done, utmost respect for her

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Unfortunately I think the refs will play a factor in State losing this game today.

The popular matchup is the 2 bigs Edey/Clingham to face off in the Nat'l championship.

I will still be rooting for State though. 

That’s not going to happen, if anything, officiating will lean towards State. They are drawing all of the viewers right now.

Their game against Duke was the most watched Elite Eight game since 2019 and it was the most watched telecast on Easter Sunday in 11 years.

America is following NCSU, if Purdue wins it’ll be because they were better.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s not going to happen, if anything, officiating will lean towards State. They are drawing all of the viewers right now.

Their game against Duke was the most watched Elite Eight game since 2019 and it was the most watched telecast on Easter Sunday in 11 years.

America is following NCSU, if Purdue wins it’ll be because they were better.

People love an underdog, especially when they're likeable, which State is. I'm ok with them drawing ratings and getting a friendly whistle. It's not like State has gotten a lot of that over the last 40 odd years.

Just now, jayboogieman said:

People love an underdog, especially when they're likeable, which State is. I'm ok with them drawing ratings and getting a friendly whistle. It's not like State has gotten a lot of that over the last 40 odd years.

People like to blame the officials but in retrospect, the team that shoots better (FG%, 3PT%), rebounds better, and turns the ball over less usually wins.

If a team does all of that and still loses then we can start looking at free throw discrepancies but more often than not the players decide the game.

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

People like to blame the officials but in retrospect, the team that shoots better (FG%, 3PT%), rebounds better, and turns the ball over less usually wins.

If a team does all of that and still loses then we can start looking at free throw discrepancies but more often than not the players decide the game.

True. The only exception might be the NBA. Those refs are notorious for playing favorites and giving "superstar" calls.

52 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

True. The only exception might be the NBA. Those refs are notorious for playing favorites and giving "superstar" calls.

Even with the NBA, the above holds true for the most part. I only see one to two games a night where the FT discrepancy decides a game.

• Pie 1